Yankees-World Series....Discuss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i hate the yankees....and i rlly dont care for baseball...so go whoever the other team is

pedro pitched a game good enough to win 90% of games pitched. 2 runs in 6.3 is a pretty damn good world series game. especially against the yankees.

oh, and cliff lee. fucking retarded amount in the zone on wednesday. michael jordanesque.

did you see him catch that pop up on the mound. pitchers are NEVER supposed to catch a pop up. that is the 3rd baseman's ball. and he just stuck his glove out like it was nothing.

he's about to get paid. if they beat the yankees in the series, i wouldn't be surprised if he's wearing an NY uniform next year.

The phils have a team option on him for next year. He's not going anywhere. I imagine they'll lock him up long term over the winter.

He's an enigma. Nasty stuff, but wild too. One of those guys that could lead the league in K's or walks.

That no hitter he threw for the Marlins he walked 10 guys.
I think it was 9 guys but yea. His ball breaks like crazy. That's part of why he is such a great pitcher. Catching for him has to suck though.

If he had control like Beckett, he'd prolly be the best pitcher in MLB hands down.

I'm gonna place a vote for Justin Verlander.

Yes, I'm a Tigers fan, but I'm trying to be neutral. I watch a lot of baseball, both leagues, and when he's on the mound he's consistently at 99-100, has an unfair changeup, and a curve similar to Burnett. Started mixing in a slider towards the end of the year as well.

And he does it every time out for the most part. If the Tigers ever let him get to free agency someone is gonna have to back a Brinks truck up to his house.

Zack Greinke is on that list too. If he played for a team that scored runs last year he could have won 24-25 games.

How about Pettite hitting tonight? He also has the most post season wins.

As far as pitching goes though, how sick is Lee's spiked curve?

Welp Yanks up 2-1 its looking good, was a shakey start but Swisher finally coming through and cant say enough about Arod. Even Pettit helped his own cause

3-1 Yankes, what a hell of a 9th inning...Johnny Damon FTW what a heads up play he made running the bases.....And A-Rod again HUGE hit, just huge, he may not be having a great series, but his hits are just monumental.

Side note, jorge Posada has to be the absolute worst base runner in the history of the game

3-1 Yankes, what a hell of a 9th inning...Johnny Damon FTW what a heads up play he made running the bases.....
Heads up base running, but turned out not to matter. His at bat was way more impressive. He just wasn't giving up.
And A-Rod again HUGE hit, just huge, he may not be having a great series, but his hits are just monumental.
He was never a clutch player. Now I'm happy when he's at bat in a must hit situation
Side note, jorge Posada has to be the absolute worst base runner in the history of the game
Yea he is. He hasn't been hitting a lot either, but that was a clutch shot tonight.

Even if the Yanks pull it out, to me its a hollow victory. If you have players that are juicing then its over for me. I love me some baseball but its getting sad. It sucked the took the inside pitch away last night though.

Even if the Yanks pull it out, to me its a hollow victory. If you have players that are juicing then its over for me..

not really a valid arguement...how scary do you think it would be if they tested every single player in baseball who has played since ..o i don;t know lets just say 1999 for haha's. I would be willing to bet at least 1 person from each team has taken something to enhance performance. You can't discredit an entire team.

not really a valid arguement...how scary do you think it would be if they tested every single player in baseball who has played since ..o i don;t know lets just say 1999 for haha's. I would be willing to bet at least 1 person from each team has taken something to enhance performance. You can't discredit an entire team.

I sure can when the managements answer to steroid use is not a resounding "fuck you get out".

And they should test every player. They have rules stipulating that you cannot use performance enhancing drugs. You violate it your ass should be gone.

Either that or you just blow the door open and serve HGH for lunch during spring training.

I would be willing to bet at least 1 person from each team has taken something to enhance performance. You can't discredit an entire team.

from knowing a couple players who have played at a high level, you would be more surprised to find 1 player on a team that has NOT done it than at least 1 who has.

this was BIG BIG BIG from around '88-2008. if you weren't doing it, you weren't trying. but then again, it's not just steroids. HGH, Steriods, Meth, Ephedrine, lots of stuff was illegal.

Even if the Yanks pull it out, to me its a hollow victory. If you have players that are juicing then its over for me. I love me some baseball but its getting sad. It sucked the took the inside pitch away last night though.
I thought that was ridiculous. We haven't hit a player all Series. They hit the same guy 3 times. BOTH teams get warned.

As far as Steriods go, it will be a part of the game until they test everyone, every year. A part of baseball, not just the Yankees. Let's face it, Canseco is not a credible source. He will say anything if the price is right.

I can see why they made the call they did, they wanted to stave off some of the bullshit that comes along in high pressure games but really all they did was handcuff everyone. I am curious to know if that is a series long warning or just that game.

2 things regarding PED's in baseball.

1. Players are tested now. 50 game minimum suspensions. See Manny.

2. While it is against the current rules, it WASN'T against the rules 10 years ago. Even 5 for that matter. While it was against the law, you can't fault the players for using everything to their advantage. I don't condone, I don't support it, I think all the records are tainted, but the simple fact is MLB didn't have rules against it.

I can see why they made the call they did, they wanted to stave off some of the bullshit that comes along in high pressure games but really all they did was handcuff everyone. I am curious to know if that is a series long warning or just that game.
Didn't handcuff everyone. Tex took one in the arm later in the game. But that one didn't appear to be a "bean".

As far as Steriods go, it will be a part of the game until they test everyone, every year. A part of baseball, not just the Yankees. Let's face it, Canseco is not a credible source. He will say anything if the price is right.

Are we forgetting Manny and Ortiz in that list?

Back