00' b18c5 ecu in a 96 civic cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AC2i0v0i0c

I have a 00' b18c5 thats going into a 96 ek cx. Which wiring harness do I need? I have the wiring harness from the b18c5 and also from the d-series. The driver side wiring plugs (comes from under the dash board through the firewall) doesn't match up with the c5 except for one plug.Also, would I need to buy an OBD2b to OBD2a conversion harness? Anybody have any pics of what plug goes into what plug?

you'll need either:

96-98 EX harness, EX ecu or an obd2a-1 clip to run an obd1 ecu

or

99-00 EX harness, 00 ITR ecu or obd2b-1 clip to run an obd1 ecu

the reason that the harness is not connecting to the ecu is because its obd2a and b. if you're going to buy a conversion harness might as well go obd1.

oh yea you could use the CX harness and add wires, but using the EX harness is the easiest.

okay, so buy a 96-98 ex harness and buy a chipped p28 to itr spec ecu? Would I also have to buy a obd2a-obd1 conversion harness? If I reuse my cx harness what wires would i need to add and how do i add them?Sorry to ask all these questions, I'm clueless about this part of a swap.

would it actually be easier if i get a 99-00 ex harness and use the 00 itr ecu? I heard that you couldn't use the 00 itr ecu b/c of the immbolizer, is that true? What is a clip?

can't be done.

all 96-98 civics MUST use the 96-98 harness. its the only way. the other years are routed different.

i wouldn't bother gettin an ex. just add the vtec wires and such.

its a simply cut/paste of plugs for the ones that won't fit from the itr harness onto the cx harness... and add the ones the cx doesnt' ahve.

so i can use the 00' itr ecu or should i get a chipped p28 ecu with obd2a-obd1 conversion harness?

id run a chipped p28. jdm ecus suck, due to their top speed limits at 113. 2a-1, chipped p28, and get a vafc and a couple pulls on the dyno. those damn chips run so rich.

Know of any links to any merchants selling chipped p28? The ecu that I already have is from a b18c5. Thanks for the help :D

drop james@pmd.cc an email. He can probably give you a chip that will be a lot closer to a good program from the start than most of the goons out there.

oh yeah, i forgot to ask, which wiring harness do I use? motor came with its wiring harness and i also have the wiring harness from the cx motor. The plugs from the c5 does not plug up to the plugs from the car. Anyone located in Va or would travel to Va?

use your civic's harness. Add wires for vtec, vtec pressure, knock, etc. You probably want to spend more time reading the articles on this site as there are some very good ones.

Back