1-colour civic build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

First thing I did was change them, and we have this tool in the shop thats like a test meter but you can actually add power or ground depending on which button you use, and they both lit up when given power. Gonna try a new brake switch and see if it was a fluke, or gonna get a wiring diagram. I'm hoping there's some magical "oh this happened to me once do this" fix but I don't think i'm gonna get so lucky today.

So we ran a wire to the power side of the brake switch, as it wasn't getting power. So the lights work, but my cruise control is fucked now. This sucks lol... Always something with Honda's haha. Plan of action: suspension, fix rust, boost. With my paycheck that should be done by 2013 haha fml :(

Sent from my iPhone using awesomeness

Picking up a set of OHLINS coils, people say they are amazing but personally I've never heard of them. They are for a EF but have DC control arms or something and can work on my EG. Other than that, is it a good buy? He says they retail at $3500 and selling it to me for $500 with the control arms. Either way I can't lose right? They've been run in autos for a season, spring rates in the front are a tad high for what I want (12) but the rears are (5) and he says ground control has springs I can change out for 8 or 9 or whatever stiffness I want. Any feedback?

Fucked up my payment schedule, so I'll only be putting a deposit on those ohlins tomorrow, but for another $50 he says he'll throw in a chinese wastegate he had on his drag civic, I guess it could be useful until I get a better one? Since my priority list for turbo is going to be probably this winter/next summer, I could just save up and get a brand name. Fix the cancer first lol... any ideas? He said he'll do pics tomorrow for the suspension, its still on the car parked in the garage

^ thx for the input.
Update: I placed a deposit on the suspension and the wastegate, but I was kind of weary about the suspension. I checked their website and they have nothing listed for Honda's except for a type r. The guy I'm buying has type r suspension bits for it and says they bolt up right to an eg. Did some research and it's a maybe. Anybody confirm it's a yes? Plus im just the master at deals... Picked up all this for $300... Girl not included lol

Attachments

• image-422593000.jpg
    image-422593000.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 161
  • image-2149360898.jpg
    image-2149360898.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 172
Got my tv, get my OHLINS Thursday, wastegate this weekend. All I need left is a fuel pump, annnnd I think that's it, other than a few gauges and exhaust work after it's all fabbed up in place. Shot of tv and coils below. They are for a ek type r, but these forks will work for my eg.

Attachments

• image-4188162300.jpg
    image-4188162300.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 319
  • image-3764603693.jpg
    image-3764603693.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 163
  • image-873536381.jpg
    image-873536381.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 156
Installed the coils... Fucking slammed! The guy I bought it off had them set up for the extreme lowest setting, it took a fucking air hammer to move them back on the threads. And then... I totally forgot to pick up suspension wrenches, so I got to wait until I get those to finish. Next step I was told to get a camber kit so we can do the alignment properly. We raised it so it doesn't tuck under the fender anymore, but I still want another inch or so higher.

Feedback on the OHLINS: I haven't been to an auto x event yet, if I can get everything before tomorrow I'll go, but daily driving, even with the dampening at softest setting, is tolerable at best. Max setting would probably be amazing at the circuit. Off/on ramps are my toys as of now, and the car does rotate a lot more and feel super flat through out. I think I want a subframe+rear sway bar combo, but I'm not too sure. Either way I need to put of the rust removal until I can align the damn thing. Pics below.

And I got my wastegate, leaves injectors and a fuel pump :)

Attachments

• image-700706055.jpg
    image-700706055.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 160
  • image-3954609829.jpg
    image-3954609829.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 158
  • image-3281885965.jpg
    image-3281885965.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 165
Yea I work at the CT lol, just a sales person. My boss is the provincial auto x champion for 2009 and 2010, and he's on par to win this year as well. just being around him makes you want to go to a track lol. So that being said, a few of us at the shop are really into it, some more than others.

Got the waste gate, guy said it comes with a 11lbs spring, i don't really know how to check tbh, i'm just gonna get it all on the car first and change stuff from there. fuel injectors and a fuel pump left...

Back