18's Aren't Cutting It

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericm10

I have a 2000 Honda Civic Ex Automatic with Intake and Exhaust. I took it to the track this past weekend and ran a suprising 18 flat. I was embarrased and wish there was a part that I could add right then.
Can I get help on finding good in-expensive performance parts that I could get or maybe parts from other cars that will bolt on.

fast and inexpensive never go together, now ignoring the whole its an automatic thing, if you anted proformance i would just get nawz, because if you want fast for cheap its just about the only way to do it, intake and headers allow the engine to breath easier which can 'free up' HP, but it isnt a power adder, and a stock honda auto tranny wont handle more than about 40-50 hp over stock for long

if you seriously wanted fast, i would sell that car, and buy something older, first of all the smog laws will be a bit more lax, and it would cost you alot of money to find a motor new enough to legally put into that car

Originally posted by mrblk@Jan 7 2003, 10:42 PM
if you seriously wanted fast, i would sell that car,

:werd: :withstupid:

no point in spending money on an auto if you want a "fast" car

I also planned on doing a tranny swap in the car.

s3e1beca10937b.jpg

But seriously.

It's an OBD2 auto. There's not a lot of swapage you could do.

I'm guessing the car isn't paid off either? I'd try to sell it and break even. Save up some money and get an older model.

I'm with mrblk and E on this one.

holy shit hexen has the funniest pictures i've ever seen.... they are all right, any money you invest now is stupid and pointless, sell it, see if you can get pay off for it, and get somthing manual.

an auto to manual conversion is alot of work, you would be better of selling the auto and buying a manual.

2000 ex- you can get about 10-12 grand for.

sell it,
buy a 92-95 hatch for 3 grand ish
buy a b-series motor- drop it in - 2500-5500 depednign on the motor

and you still have money left over for bolt ons, suspension, and wheels.
and you are now a hell of a lot cooler, and running 13s probably.

you can add a header for around $300-$400, and an aftermarket performance chip for around $300-$400. Venom makes something called the venom 400 performance module which plugs into your ECU and electronically mmonitors and adjusts your air/fuel ratio for best performance. the cool thing is, you can turn it on or off (for smog testing if you live in CA). they are around $300-$400 also. you can check it out at http://www.venom-performance.com

another add-on that isnt too expensive is an AEM adjustable cam gear for around $100 or so.

if you did all three of those mods, you'd see a nice big improvement in performance.

now, about your 18 second run...what kind of wheels are on your car? if they are big, heavy chrome wheels, that would explain alot.

after market chip for 300-400!?>?

does anyone even sell OBD2 compatible shit?

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 9 2003, 09:26 AM
after market chip for 300-400!?>?

does anyone even sell OBD2 compatible shit?

yes...its not exactly a chip, but it works like one....

venom 400 performance control module (new applications page)
http://www.venom-performance.com/nf/html/v400.htm

one for his car is available (2000 civic). i've seen them selling for around $350

Jet makes one also for $299 (an actual chip). They have the civic listed, but don't specify model years. it just says civic/crx '93-up.
http://www.jetchip.com

also, if you do go with a cam/cam gear i would recomend not getting the aem, i have heard of problems with them slipping, i would recomend skunk2 or something with more than 3 tightening bolts (skunk2 has 5, 6 i belive)

Originally posted by ericm10@Jan 8 2003, 10:48 PM
I also planned on doing a tranny swap in the car.

well i got a tranny swap on my 98 ex only cost me 750...i think its kinda worth it since i couldnt afford a B series ;)

Originally posted by dash0n@Jan 10 2003, 12:11 AM
well i got a tranny swap on my 98 ex only cost me 750...i think its kinda worth it since i couldnt afford a B series ;)

i have a 99 ex and was gonna do a B16 swap but decided to do the manual conversion first. what year tranny can i use and what else do i need? any help would be appriciated.
DashOn, did you do the swap your self? what kind of tranny did you use and do you think it was worth it?
i just don't feel like selling my car because i have WAY too much money into it and all i have left to do is engine/trans swap....maybe a turbo down the road.

Nitrous with an auto and stock internals??? The nitrous would probably hurt your auto tranny pretty bad. I would consider selling the car if you are seriously in need of going faster. I have a 95 civic and I love it. The interior is just as nice as newer interiors with the beauty of being OBD1 and having a huge assortment of swap options.

well nitrous would actually be better on the auto. Becuase the tranny is always linked with the engine, you have less a chance of wheels spin, in between shift, caused by too much nitrous. Now nitrous on stock internals? i dont know about that. If you were to laf up the stock block, please dont sqweeze more than 25 unless you absolutly know what your getting yurself into! As for sluchboxes not being able to compeate, check out the neon running nines WITH AN AUTO! If you want you can try level ten, they supply a rebuild kit that is supposed to make an auto tranny bullet proof, "up to 500 hp". I never tried them personally but i herd good comments, as well as one bad. And they are costly, it is more cost effective to do a five speed swap.

Zee

Back