1987 CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

All clean and unhappy.

Attachments

• DSC00834.JPG
    DSC00834.JPG
    599.7 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC00835.JPG
    DSC00835.JPG
    476.5 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC00836.JPG
    DSC00836.JPG
    736.7 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC00837.JPG
    DSC00837.JPG
    479.9 KB · Views: 250
any MOMO adapter will work for the steering wheel, prolly find on on ebay for about $50.

we can work something out for the mugen wheels...

find me something with low miles, direct swap, like a ZC, with all the swap parts, and I'll trade you my freshly rebuilt setup...with the fresh geared tranny and LSD, and a fresh wire harness. But I'll need help pulling it. When Tristen put it in the car, he prolly tore an axle seal, and he didn't tighten all the oil lines in the back...thats why I just gave up on it. For the ZC, I just want something that runs good and pops a little hp to the wheels...I might go widebody and put the Real Racing wheels on the CRX... That'll be next years project unless someone buys my car soon.

I can donate the shift knob...if you toss a small donation to RPR for the website. Tom had to swap servers again, but this time it costs a little money, and I want my photo galleries back.

The speaker grills can also be found on Ebay sometimes for $20.

I won't need any of those things. I have to redo the wiring completely, the intake and exhaust aren't necessary. all I really want is LSD and your Phantom seems to do the trick.

Not a deal breaker, I have things in my top ten to get.

Yeah, when I loaned it to my step mom, I forgot to mention "Do not wear rings". It was ruined in a course of 3 days.

I have someone who can anodize it (Anodic, in Monroe, before you go on your "prove it" rant). I just need a way to preserve the plaque itself.

Found it ! Pic from when I first got it.

Also tossed up some pics of the Micra and the MR2.

Attachments

• crx.jpg
    crx.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 190
  • Micra1.jpg
    Micra1.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 172
  • micra.jpg
    micra.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 171
  • mr2.jpg
    mr2.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 195
Yeah, you're not the first to yell at me about the tire. Everyone that has helped me push it has given me an ear about it, and the tow truck driver also felt the need to educate me.

That Celica is the Sunchaser that I made. I have lots more pics of that. At the time that picture was taken, I had 3 running RA4x Celicas, including my RA46 GTA.

Nice MR2, I love the supercharged first gens. You seem to find very clean examples of things. I bet your GPZ is pretty too.

I really miss my 1st gen MR2 but I really didn't have time for it and the body was far too rusty, someday I'll get a clean example of one. And I wish I could get my '88 Ninja 600R reliable, I keep replacing parts and it keeps running worse. Not to mention somehow I bought 3 bad rear master cylinders off ebay in a row or something. I haven't tried putting the 4th on yet... I hate projects that suck for no reason and you'll never get your money out so you never sell and you're just sad all around :(.

Nice MR2, I love the supercharged first gens. You seem to find very clean examples of things. I bet your GPZ is pretty too.

I really miss my 1st gen MR2 but I really didn't have time for it and the body was far too rusty, someday I'll get a clean example of one. And I wish I could get my '88 Ninja 600R reliable, I keep replacing parts and it keeps running worse. Not to mention somehow I bought 3 bad rear master cylinders off ebay in a row or something. I haven't tried putting the 4th on yet... I hate projects that suck for no reason and you'll never get your money out so you never sell and you're just sad all around :(.

GPZ_1_.jpg

It's yellow now, but the plastics are off for a nice candy coat of orange. I have plenty of spare parts for this bike (The two are different, but if your rear MC doesn't work, lemme know .. I'll send pics of mine and we can see if it's compatible)

My first gen was also killed by rust. It would have taken a buttload of work to get it right. I'll do it at some point, but now I can sit back and stalk, looking for the perfect one to come about.

the MR2 handled... differently... than my CRX, but my CRX was actually faster than the SC under most contests. And way more fuel efficient, and I cold carry more than a jacket with me.

But, the new shifter for the CRX will be higher, I'm going to shim up the plate, and adapt a steel short shifter (The Skunk2, more than likely). So the shifter should be in a proper place. (Proper for driving).

I'm also taking a play from the MR2 playbook, and I'm still dreaming about moving the gas tank into the armrest. I may need to re-locate the gastank in order to run 4 exhaust pipes within the clearances I'm given.

I'll try to get some pics today .. but that CRX needs to be jacked up on my motorcycle jack in order to fit a camera under it.

I hate projects that suck for no reason and you'll never get your money out so you never sell and you're just sad all around :(.

That's why I have the CRX in the first place. it's always been a matter of "I'm SO into this car now, I'll never get what it's worth to me". A lot of people say that I take on lots of projects that don't get finished (Which is mostly true) but I am skittish around projects - if I think it's going in the wrong direction, or if I bit off more than I can chew : I ditch it. I don't drag it on anymore massaging my dick that "Oh, I like it.. I promise"

If you find that a project or hobby just isn't "You" anymore, then you should ditch it. For my CRX the paint helps a lot. Everytime I look at that thing I want to kick my wife out of bed.

you guys make me want to get a bike........:(
Just don't get a ZX12R, Hayabusa, Blackbird or ZX14. Those bikes are like Ecstasy to Sex: You'll NEVER ride anything else again. I'm ruined, spoiled goods. Nothing is fast. From here, things are only "somewhat easier" and "alittle better on gas".

well I've never ridden one before so I would like to get maybe a 600 to start out and if at all possible something I wouldn't be devastated if I dropped it. if you ever come across anything let me know.^_^

I'm 12 hours away from you. And believe me, dropping a bike is devastating. You get over it quickly though.

Back