2014 Veloster Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

depends on the venue. most folks have no idea this car even exists until i'm in the top 10...

CART lets me stay in DSP, they know they can put me in any class and i'm pretty much a ringer. no reason to have some poor sob with his B/K swapped civic or stage 1 ST being put down by a guy in a hyundai. just stops them from coming back, lol

and besides... after all is said and done im down about 50 lbs. nothing to write home about. i could get that just by putting in some nice fixed back front seats.

image.jpeg

Mounted my spoiler
image.jpeg

Autocross was great but my brakes stopped me from doing superb. The alignment was really good especially for street tires. Very pleased.

bled most of the bottle through the system lol brakes are so crisp now.

image.jpeg

Lastly changed my plugs 43k they were nice and clean and the gaps were consistent.

image.jpeg

yes, yes, brakes feel GOOOOOOOD.

here is my best run video yesterday. didn't beat the ST this time (will next time, promise :) ) but still a swell day nonetheless. Seth was overjoyed.. his first cup since sizing up against my VT over 1.5 seasons ago ;)

i'l going to stay on street tires for a few events to dial me back in. after that... once i can beat Seth on the star specs, i'll murder him on the R comps. no big deal.

palmer was alot of fun in the rain. and a little scary. here are some pics and vids!

SCCA_Track_Night_in_America_Palmer_20160502_GB5_1420.jpg
Untitled4.jpg

Yeah they do!

Palmer is mentally challenging. it is a 190ft change from bottom to top. at the tippy top, you are looking over into the valley and tops of trees while dropping into a hard right then an even harder left. almost all the corners are late apex and decreasing radius, with on and off camber depending on your line! even more interesting/scary in the wet. the locals were boasting 10-15 seconds faster in the dry. plus add in the weather as a factor, and the rain/no fog then no rain/fog thing we had going on. every few laps was a different view near the top as you can see in a session 2 video on my youtube channel.

nothing like thompson which i know every single inch of... and am off by only 2 seconds in the wet versus my fastest dry time.

i never posted about it much but i've also participated at pocono, limerock and VIR with the grey mitsu.

also, i made the cone dodging thing much more legit with MAGNETIC NUMBERS this year lol

Stripped off the vinyl and put up one of the winglets. If it doesn't rain I can put the other one on tomorrow. Grille is nearly ready.

image.jpeg

Meh The car is just a bunch of random parts put together. Like All craptastic SEMA cars.

Back