2nd job or roomate?

WWHSD?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Shit. My dad's employee with no ged even makes 2500 a month after everything....

Get a side job doing construction, or get a buddy in for a roomy.

construction? I can't even build a fucking dryer vent.....

Quoted post[/post]]
Oh my... you mean past decisions have come to bite you in the ass ?

Been there, done that. I abandoned the whole thing it took me 4 years to get out of the holding pattern. I can tell you this: If you don't drop one or more, preferrably ALL of these things, you WILL be in financial ruin in 6 months with no hope of seeing the light of day.

You can't just think about getting rid of the STi. You MUST do it. You MUST drop the cell phone. You MUST drop the cable TV. you MUST go on whatever heating assistance you can. you MUST learn to shop better (it costs my gf and I $50 a week to eat.. and eat well) and you MUST live more frugally.

This isn't me patronizing you - this is just the way that life is proving itself to be . Hey, I had to learn the same thing - And Clayton had to learn the same thing, and everyone has to do this. It's not a challenge, it's a MUST DO. If you're on your current track, it doesn't take a genius to tell you that you'll be broke and homeless in the future. Roommate or second job - doesn't matter.

with 4 or 500 a mont extra to play with, i'll be fine...

i dunno.

i'm going to start blowing lines again or something

[quote name='pissedoffsol' date='Jan 23 2006, 02:49 PM' post='644827']
[quote name='Slammed89Integra' post='644815' date='Jan 23 2006, 02:36 PM']
Shit. My dad's employee with no ged even makes 2500 a month after everything....

Get a side job doing construction, or get a buddy in for a roomy.
[/quote]

construction? I can't even build a fucking dryer vent.....

I lol'd

:)

The more and more you believe there is nothing you can do,

the more you'll be right. Just stop pissing and moaning about how "nothing is going to work" and take a step back and realise the truth of what's going on. You're overstretched - and at your pattern, the more money you make the more you'll spend. Again, this isn't me being a prick - this is your pattern ! You made extra money and you got larger TVs, an STi, and a condo. you'll make more money again, and what are you gonna do ?

We're all identified by our patterns, don't think that this is a personal attack.

selling the sti nets me 0... i paid all this time for nothing... i dunno.
nets you zero yes, you may even sell at a loss, but it would be better to off it now so you can avoid the roomie or 2nd job dilema...

the insurance on my sti is cheaper than it was on my hatch. go figure.
abs, dual air bags, etc etc, its a "safer" car i guess.
i find this IMPOSSIBLE to believe unless you had the hatch registered as mod'ed and fully covered...

you need a car that you don't need to make payments on...
personal loan, or loan from mom and pops for 1-2K max, get a beater...
no car loan = liability ONLY....
it has to be cheaper than full coverage
was your hatch like 100 a month for 8 months but you're covered for 12 months? while the STI is pay for 12 months, covered for 12 months?

You MUST drop the cell phone
fuck that, no house phone, cell only...
you kinda NEED to have a phone these days
especially when he gets a $500 beater and needs a lift occasionally... :p

Quoted post[/post]]
The more and more you believe there is nothing you can do,

the more you'll be right. Just stop pissing and moaning about how "nothing is going to work" and take a step back and realise the truth of what's going on. You're overstretched - and at your pattern, the more money you make the more you'll spend. Again, this isn't me being a prick - this is your pattern ! You made extra money and you got larger TVs, an STi, and a condo. you'll make more money again, and what are you gonna do ?

We're all identified by our patterns, don't think that this is a personal attack.

Werd. Guy I work with works 2 full time jobs, and is so in the hole, that he has been living off of a loaf of bread and a case of V8 for almost a week, heck he lost 3 lbs. But you CAN do it. Hes got 11 bucks to his name right now and hes getting by. Find ways to cut the expensive shit, skip the little shit like morning cup of coffee, etc and you could scrap up 150 - 200 bucks a month.

I would say to look for the little things to cut back on as well. For example when you go to the grocery store, look for the sale or buy the not name brand items. don't order out or got to the bars as much if you do that sort of thing. look for the little stuff it helps alot. One good thing about the budget energy bill is that if there is a surplus you either get a check or the credit it to your account.

i haven't been to a bar since thanksgiving.
i have 3 cases of ramen, and thats about it for food.

there's jsut got to be an easier way.....

sorry guys, good advise but the "little things" are not gonna net him 500+ a month...
impossible...

One good thing about the budget energy bill is that if there is a surplus you either get a check or the credit it to your account.
hmmm, this doesn't really strike me as a good thing, that just means you overpaid throughtout the year when you could have used the money instead of letting the electric company collect interest on it...
:shrug2:

why not start on 3 fronts B?
that way you are guaranteed a successful outcome...

the 3 front of your war on poverty should be
1. eliminating debt (mainly the STI and the accompanying full coverage auto insurance)
2. looking for a SUITABLE roomate
3. looking for a suitebale 2nd job...

i would start all 3 wars on craigslist...
post a for sale ad for the car... free
post a roomate wanted ad and see what bites you get... also free...
and then browse the job listings and see if anything strikes your eye...

Quoted post[/post]]
i haven't been to a bar since thanksgiving.
i have 3 cases of ramen, and thats about it for food.

there's jsut got to be an easier way.....

Sorry, no one has ever found an easier way, I seriously doubt you'll break new grounds here.

One of two things will happen: you will continue down this path and lose everything owe it all. Or You will sell it all and "lighten your load" to survive.

I held onto these things by my fingernails. In the end, I wound up tens of thousands in real debt. I couldn't finance a pack of bubblegum. I had 2 dogs, no home, no car, licence, no nothing. my GF left me and I would have too. And you're parroting me EXACTLY, and you will fail this same way.

Even though I do not know you personally I would agree with recked on the way at which you could solve the problem but it takes commitment. I have spent the last year getting myself out of a hole like the one it sounds like you might fall into. It is incredibly hard to make a budget and stick to it but you have to do it. I would recommend that you seriously look at your spending and try to cut anything that you can. Now the key here is to be really, really honest about it. Then I think that the car might have to go just to lighten both debt and monthly payments. I would then look at getting a second job like you said. I made good money as a bartender at a dive bar that my parent actually met at. Then last but not least I would go and find a roommate that you would get along with.

http://careers.utc.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=570335&user_id=
http://careers.utc.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=599544&user_id=

and I bet if I looked long enough....there's more there that you can prolly do....

if your job aint panning out...then get out...and start over....

but....if you have to re-fi the condo....bewarned....one point that they look at is years at the same job...

I'd say go with a room mate for a year...contractual...something on paper.... and have fun with their money...cause if you've done anything like I did...I spent more than $14K+ onto my mortgage...got it down to $133,919 from $135,000...just to re-fi at a better rate...and now I'm in the hole deeper than I was before now it' at $142500...granted...the more money I dump into it is now not wasted on just intrest. and it's a 15 year fixed instead of the 30 year adjustable...and it will be a few more years before I can ever enjoy buying a real new car off the lot like you did.. at least you can use their money to start saving up for the closing costs for when you do re-finance...

and I'll have to cut back from buying parts for the cars I have, or just build them and sell them, and also try to do swaps for other people under the table out of the garage to get by. I highly doubt I'll have my yearly trip to Japan this year...and I'll prolly work every week-end until I can get some money back up to the safe area if I get sick or in an accident...

The work I did do to the house is paying off, cheaper heating this year, and the house got appraised more than I thought it would....but now that means that my taxes may go up more. We still spend too much for just two people for food and house supplies...about $220 a week...and I still have shit loads of bills to catch up on...one more month and I should see the black line instead of the red....

Wait till the roads turns to ice and drive in front of large trucks....and pull up on the Ebrake...and that will get rid of the STI...and get beaters for a few years untill you can get your yearly income back up to the point to where your comfertable....

IF you got to buy something...then look for the cheapest thing that you can afford...take my advice on the furniture from the golden gavel, it may be used...but it's still useable....and instead of flopping out $500 for a dining room set...you could have got the same thing for $50 there...

And don't blow of the Sikorski or UTC links...they will pay 100% for your college after the first day you work there....finish up your degree, and get those better jobs...plus Sik will give you $5K's in stocks for each degree you earn while they foot the bill for your school....it just takes time.

Welcome to Grown-Up Life :)

wait til the gray hairs start popping out....you'll really freak......and you though hemmoroids were bad :p

first link, instant slap to the nuts...

BS in Computer Science or Business plus related experience or equivalent qualifications.

And don't blow of the Sikorski or UTC links...they will pay 100% for your college after the first day you work there....finish up your degree, and get those better jobs...plus Sik will give you $5K's in stocks for each degree you earn while they foot the bill for your school....it just takes time.

great long term advise here...

equivalent qualifications.

=

Job experiance....it can't hurt to apply....whats the worst they can say?....No?

don't know java or plum tree....

i had a 13% average in java class before i dropped out of school. its just not my thing....

Administrative Assistant? are you fucking kidding me??? i'm not a secretary for 22k. no thanks.

I spent more than $14K+ onto my mortgage...got it down to $133,919 from $135,000...just to re-fi at a better rate...and now I'm in the hole deeper than I was before now it' at $142500...granted...the more money I dump into it is now not wasted on just intrest. and it's a 15 year fixed instead of the 30 year adjustable..

i still don't know what you got an adjustable loan. i'm at 6.5% fixed. there's no point in me re-finacing... i got about the best deal i'm going to get.

.and it will be a few more years before I can ever enjoy buying a real new car off the lot like you did.. at least you can use their money to start saving up for the closing costs for when you do re-finance...

i have no intentions to re-finance at this time.
wait til the gray hairs start popping out....you'll really freak......and you though hemmoroids were bad :p

lol

i really don't drink much.

i had 3 drink at thanks giving when a friend from out of state came home.
i drank a bottle of a wine my cousin gave me for house warming on NYE.

thats about it.

smoking... yeah, well shit....

if youg od damn hippies didin't keep raising the taxes on me.... lol
i remember when smokes were 1.80.

whoa now...

hippies have nothing to do with tobacco taxes...

thank your state gov't for the majority of that tax...
bastards...

taxation without representation?
to the harbor boys... tea party time...

gas.... they stopped putting locks on gas tank caps...
hose + container + sucking = "free" gas

http://careers.utc.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=599029&user_id=

to bad it's in AZ...it sounds like it might be up your alley :laugh:

oh...and I'm pretty sure that other job is not 22Ks a year...when I get to work tonight...I'll look it up and get the real pay for it...no one at sik will make less than 50K anymore...even the guys driving the floor sweepers make over 18 an hour....

Back