2nd job or roomate?

WWHSD?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i actually jsut found a good lead on a crx in mint shape.... 91 si.... cheap....

Second job burns you out after awhile, if you get a second roomate then he will share rent, gas, elec, and hopefully hes clean and picks up once in awhile. If you can't still afford it then there is the second job that you maybe have to work less hours for without the roomate.

The moment you decide to do something about your finances, you fight people on getting rid of the WRX, you fight people on suggesting new jobs, you fight people on talk about financing advice....
....But you go straight to the car ads and find a CRX?

You don't want helped.

buy my del sol.

please lol
need to sell it for the s40 :|

Here is a perfect example:

To me, my "STi" was my 1991 NX2000. I had it the same amount of time, got tons of damage, had it repaired - shit this is almost parallel to your situation. Well, I finally couldn't pay for it. I simply couldn't pay for it. I gave it back to the finance company and got into a Celica GTA (Holy shit... I just got rid of that thing). Well today I have an NX2000 and I can actually do what I want to with it. Yeah, I had to wait a bit but shit dude, it's worth it in the end.

You'll get what you want, just if you are first in line to get it, you'll pay an incredulous amount to get it.

When I was your age I looked at an Aston Martin V8 Coupe that I was gonna get into... Man... imagine THAT mistake :)

B, you are grossly underpaid. I make 2x what you do while doing 1/2 the amount of work. I would think selling the STi right now would just put you in the hole, no? Although, you would have the benifit of ending payments sooner.

sell the sti
quit smoking
get a job bartending/serving and get you smoke fix from standing at the bar
buy the crx

just my suggestion

i know the hole, and the only thing thats keeping me afloat is my weekend waiting job on the weekends, it sucks that i dont have extra time to go out but the extra cash is def worth it so im not totaly screwed

i'm still pretty sure that charging someone 500/month to stay there is the best idea

B16: You make twice what he does, look where you live ! $45k for a single guy with no coke habit is great. You can rule the world on this money.

And I think it was Bill Gates that said "Get a job flipping burgers, because you are not 'above' any particular job, and you should be happy you're flipping burgers" (Paraphrased)

It can be summed as this: Don't go thinking that you're too good for hard work. If you want a second job, get a job chauferring pizza. At my last place I worked my friend was embarassed to tell them that he was driving cabs at night - then I told him I drove pizzas and we both learned at that moment not to be embarassed because of what we do, but instead of be proud that we did what we did. I still drive pizzas, and I work in a shop taking out the garbage, and I may get a 4th job doing oil changes at a garage across town.

Tom Petty said, in "The End of the Line" song, "It don't matter what kind of car I drive | At the end of the line | I'm just happy to be here, happy to be alive"

word.

out of all the jobs i had, delivering pizzas was definately the best.

i got to drive, for a living. damn. i wouldnt mind being a courier like E, but i dont want to make bones either, ya know?

Hell, you can make some decent money waiting tables, even better bartending.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
the point of the crx would be to replace the sti... not to have 2 cars.

Still, it has proven to be the priority. You need to sell the STi before even starting to shop for another car.

and get to work how? get a rental at 40 bucks a day? its not practical.
selling the sti is going to be a big fiasco, since i owe on it, and the bank holds the title.

what i'll end up doing, is borrowing 30k from bank of dad, pay off the car, get title, then i can put it for sale, then pay dad back.

but now that he got laid off, bank of dad is probably closed... so who the hell knows

Quoted post[/post]]
sell the sti
quit smoking
get a job bartending/serving and get you smoke fix from standing at the bar
buy the crx

there is no smoking indoors in ct.

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm still pretty sure that charging someone 500/month to stay there is the best idea

i agree... its the easiest way out... on paper. but there's a lot of BS involved with random roomates... and most of my firends are either dirt poor, comfortable where they are, or have their own places too.

Quoted post[/post]]
$45k for a single guy with no coke habit is great. You can rule the world on this money.

looks like failed life miserably....

If you want a second job, get a job chauferring pizza.

how am i going to deliver pizza with no car????????

or better yet, who the fuck is going to tip me when i roll up in a 35k car that they drool over while i'm holding the pie.

Quoted post[/post]]
He does!!! :ph34r:

i saw that coming. fuckers.

So pessimistic. You seriously don't seem like you want to help yourself.

Why do you let people in on your problems if you're not going to reasonably thinkabout what they have to say?

Back