$375 for yet another rebuild an upgrade???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Do you guys think $265.xx for a complete rebuild on a 42/48 turbo is decent.

Then 110 for an upgrade to a 60 trim wheel and housing?

I'm asking because I can get another 42/48 cheap as hell...like 50 bucks.

So the total would be $425 for a freshly rebuilt 60/48 T3.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 13 2005, 08:07 PM
Do you guys think $265.xx for a complete rebuild on a 42/48 turbo is decent.

Then 110 for an upgrade to a 60 trim wheel and housing?

I'm asking because I can get another 42/48 cheap as hell...like 50 bucks.

So the total would be $425 for a freshly rebuilt 60/48 T3.
[post=498979]Quoted post[/post]​

honestly,i think it is...you want your turbo to be in the best shape it can be...theres no point in getting a totally different one,when thats the one u had your mind set on using in the first place..and plus its a pretty good turbo..u can make some good power on it,and it has a good spool speed...i say keep it...shell out the money (its a lot i know,but this is our hobby)...get it rebuilt...and start putting down some power..cus i know your tired of making threads cus luck doesnt fall your way.

good luck man,hope u get everything right,and make some vids.

yea.. my rebuild was successful. Just not the center housing. I can't seem to break it loose. If I keep it the way it is it's going to blow the seals again.

I wanted good spool, thats why I'm going with the 48 housing. I can get the 60 trim wheel and housing cheap and just upgrade this turbo since it is freshly rebuilt but I need to find a way to get the housing to rotate.

I'll make some vids, maybe one after I get the overheating problem fixed. It's semi-impressive.

where did you buy them...i'm having a hard time finding a reputable turbo shop/store

I just bought em both off ebay. The t3/t4 I wasn't too worried about cause I got it CHEAP. The other one...spoolmotorsports.

it's "spooledmotorsports" and it looks like they don't have any new/rebuilt units anymore.

But for 150 you can have mine, needs a backing plate and to rotate the exhuast housing

wOTI5MjgyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Back