4th Down Time For Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sidewayscivic

ok i hope i get this right i have a 1989 honda civic si. Been slowly uprgading the suspension,polybushing's,sway bars,etc.
yesterday i was doing my big brake upgrade and some fuel dripped on my arm. I looked up and this beast had a fuel leak i guess the maine snow had gotten to it went over rest of chassis for a rust hunt.
nothing real bad ripped d16y8 i just put it out and the exhaust sytem pulling the fenders off and front nose peice too interior is ripped out so now it is time to play!!
i was reading article on net about doing b18b into mine
said i would need 90/91 teg basically and the motor out the 94 and up could someone explian this to me??
:worthy: :D B)

if you cannot find me on here drop me a email to turbovw@bellsouth.net

Dude, dont go for a b18b they are pointless. to much work and money for a small increase in performance. go b18a from 90-91 teg, much easier and almost equal power.

difference between the b18a and b18b
Code:
--b18a--                  --b18b--

head:
lesser agressive cams       slightly more agressive cams
very gay intake manifold      kinda gay IM
obd 0 or 1 depending on year  obd1 or 2 depending on year

block:
identical for the most part.... slight differences possibly in compression of pistsons or head gasket thickness... im not sure

tranny:
cable                    hydrolic
slightly different mount point for each as well

moral- get a b18a. it will plug right in a lot easier

ok got the b18a1 fixing send it to get sleeved put some je pistons in it possibly another intake and a fuel rail with turbo kit?? also putting place racing front mount ! but would like to keep a/c with the addition of turbo is this too much to ask or what are my option's? :worthy: :D :worthy:

Back