67-72 Chevy C10

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
I am thinking about buying a short bed one for $350 as a project truck. I know someone on here has a 67-72 Chevy truck project. I am just looking for places to buy parts for it, what is interchangable on it with other Chevys, and what would be a good engine/tranny combo for it.

I was thinking about a 350, 383, or a 327 with a 5 or 6 spd tranny. I was thinking about lowering it a little and putting 17 or 18 inch rims on it, probably something with a classic look to it. Does anyone know of a good budget combo I can use on this truck? What cams, carbs, manifold, headers, etc would be good?

Thanks.

everyone says to do a 383. I say do a 377. What? You don't know how to do a 377? That's cause not many people do them. Everyone does the 383 cause 350 core motors are cheap as hell.

Take a 400 block and a 350 crank and go from there. You won't be disappointed. It will rev higher and sound like the world's ending. I've only heard this secondhand from a friend of mine, but he's built GM engines for longer than I've been alive so I think he's probably a good source of information.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Jun 2 2005, 09:15 PM
go 350 cheap and parts are ready available
[post=507141]Quoted post[/post]​

You don't know a whole lot about chevies, do you? ;)

It's not only the 350 that has a ton of cheap accessories. Any part that will fit a 350 will also fit a 305 and a 400. The blocks are the same, just the bore/stroke are different.

Back