87 Crx Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98integrals

well i seached for this and the one post that had been made seems to have been deleted :angry:

First off, there is an 87 crx si that is for sale ($150) here are a few pics:

P1020002.jpg

P1020003.jpg

P1020004.jpg

P1020005.jpg

its got 233k miles, and runs, but it has a blown head gasket. the only major problems with the body is the rust shown in the pics and the hood is kinda fucked up.

is there any possible way to get a b16/18 in there?

i read our article and all the ecus that hasport.com has are for vtec engines, and thats not really what i want.

if there are better options please say so. and of course i can always just save the money and work on my teg :)

The article says you can put a B series in it,but it is a pain in the ass.Hearing t here isn't going to change that.I like the 1st gen rex's but they can be a pain.I got lucky with mine,no rust.But it had been in a wreck and the frame was bent so no swap.If you want a time consuming but rewarding project go for it.

i guess that is good to hear

this thing would just kinda be off on the side as something to do when i had some extra $$ to play with. however, im sure that i would waste money on it before my teg :(

What's so hard about it? HASport makes the mounts for it, and if I recall, the 1g crx Si is a MPFI engine, so where's the problem?

Originally posted by djextremity@Jan 3 2003, 09:32 AM
What's so hard about it? HASport makes the mounts for it, and if I recall, the 1g crx Si is a MPFI engine, so where's the problem?

It's not hard,but you need more than mounts to put the engine in and get it running.

Well yeah, you need more than just mounts during any swap, I just don't think it'd be that much harder than any other swap. I personally don't like the way they look much, but goddamn they are light as hell. =]

even for 150, the car is a piece.

im sorry dude, but i really don't think its a good investment for a build up car.

Originally posted by djextremity@Jan 3 2003, 09:42 AM
Well yeah, you need more than just mounts during any swap, I just don't think it'd be that much harder than any other swap. I personally don't like the way they look much, but goddamn they are light as hell. =]

Yea I guess with all the support Hasport lends to the swap it really wouldn't be as much of a pain as I've seen people turn it into.And they are light as a feather stock,then gutted,forget about it.

And as far as it being a piece,you'd definitly want to check the structural integrity of it before buying,especially if your going to almost double the hp.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 3 2003, 05:11 AM
even for 150, the car is a piece.

im sorry dude, but i really don't think its a good investment for a build up car.

true, but the pics are slightly deceiving. the body (for havin 233k miles) was in pretty good shape for the most part. what is left of the interior (also not to bad) would be commin out, and in would go a new seat for the driver only. this would basicly be my autox/track car first, then if i had somethin bein done w/the teg i would drive it.

i dunno, its a tuff decsion.... CRX or 3 books for next semester :blink:

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 3 2003, 06:09 AM
And as far as it being a piece,you'd definitly want to check the structural integrity of it before buying,especially if your going to almost double the hp.

what specicly should i ask him to look at for me? im like 45mins + away and i dont really wanna drive back to look at minor things that i didnt/forgot to look at yesterday

:spin: HI what state are you located in im in siant paul MN and have an 86 teg and a 88 civic both run good the teg has 4spdautod16a1(113hp) i want your crz so I can swap that motor into the crx since it will now swap into my88 civic in that cas i will be selling the 88 civic if you sell your crx for the price listed to me contact me on msn messenger or just through email at ezitec@msn.com hit me thanks :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

hookedonphonics.gif

I didnt understand what the fuck you just said, but i think you think that 98integra ls is selling that car. Hes asking about buying it for himself

Originally posted by djextremity@Jan 3 2003, 03:32 AM

The thing that's so hard about it is its not just throwing an engine into an older car that's really light and going weeeeeeeee! The cost varies between about $1500 and $3500 depending on where you go and what connections you have ;). Mine if i choose to do it should be around the $1500-1800 range. In order to fit the b series engine into the little ass crx, you need to get custom axles and custom shift linkage (both sold by Hasport and not cheap either). I know because I'm looking to do it this summer on my 87 CRX SI. As example here's one quote I got from an import shop: $1500 engine, tranny, ecu, etc.; $175 per custom axle (requires 2), $250 shift linkage, $300 wiring harnesses and then $850 labor. As you can see it's not going to be cheap and requires a little custom work. This is a swap that you probably won't be able to do in your standard garage. If you choose to do it then damn, you'll get a really nice performing engine w/ 160hp as long as you can control the spin of the tires.

it isnt that hard, you can do it in your garage n/p, you can modify the stock linkage i belive so i dont think the hasport linkage is worth 250, and you can wire the harness your self so between the linkage and harness you'd pay about 100 at the most. axels are expencive! you also have to massage the frame a little to clear the alt. i think 150 is a hell of a deal, check for rust you dont want anything unexpected. check the panhard bar mount, sunroof drain tubes, sunroof, spare tire thingy, check where the sunroof drain tubes go into the back of the car mine where totaly diconnected getting water every were. over all it looks good from the pics if you cant do any thing with it you can part it out and make some money off it, by selling the fenders,header panel,hood thats atleast 400 right there.. thats if there in good condition ;]

i think its worh it, as long as you take the 45 min trip up there to take a look at it, other wise dont even bother

-joseph

Originally posted by 98integrals@Jan 3 2003, 04:33 PM

...the pics are slightly deceiving. the body (for havin 233k miles) was in pretty good shape for the most part. what is left of the interior (also not to bad) would be commin out...

The was a 85 rex sitting in the scrapyard on post here german specs dohc zc (a real one) ran good,beautiful inside and out,the problem? no floor boards completely rust out everything under the carpet was wasted front and back.That is why I said be careful on the inspection,don't be afraid to get under it and give it a good look.

Back