90 teg issues FIXED!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I checked before with some starter fluid around the gaskets and didn't change anything would something's need to be rechecked because I changed to a new ecu and the old one was a little faulty?

Check the intake and coolant temp sensors. Have you cleaned the fuel injectors? have you checked the little mesh screen on the vtec solenoid? Also have you checked the tps for proper adjustment and no drop outs?

I will check sensors today ive switched injectors and ran cleaner through for a few tanks I didnt think of the vtec solenoid ill check that also also now it seems im walking backwards at a cruise speed it starts to hesitate and lose a little power eninge sounds like its tripping its not really bad but still there thank you again for your input oh and can you explain a drop out not sure I understand that

Getten ecu fault code 0 again I doubt I have 2 bad ecu but if I turn ignition off the car will star right back up even runs better im thinking now theres something messing with the ecu causing it to think r3tarded

to check for drop outs on the tps you need to back probe the wires with a volt meter. black for the ground, red for the signal wire. observe the voltage reading and than very slowly open the throttle all the way to WOT. you should see a steady increase in the voltage all the way to open. If the voltage suddenly drops at any point than you have a bad tps.

Ok tps is good vtec is good rechecked cam timing and ignition timing ignition was pretty off so fixed that now heres what its doing starts a little hard idles at 2700-3000 rpm can accelerate fine but once you floor it its poppen out of the intake and bogs like a mad man thats what made me check timing a few times

Well redid ignition timing due to it idleing at 2k had friend sit with it in first to drop it down but def helped hit the highway to test it out at about 90 it popped cel came on for both 02 and away she went perfect running machine but ill still check valves and let car cool completely because this has happend before and I will update later tonight thank you for your help this is a insanely stressful issue

Ya cool down back to square one but brings up a question it had a cel for both 02 sensors i know for a fact one is new cause I put it in but maybe there botg bad? Or might have then hooked up backwards its dark now and I work late tomorrow but might havr some time before hand I'll try qnd update

Bogging and both o2 sensors throwing codes really makes me think the engine is not fueling properly

Lol funny you say that that was my first thought since day one but something always makes me think twice the o2 thing happens everytime now and aldo thrown code 10 iirc is the air intake temp this is also new not sure where to start with the fuel thing

Cleaned ait reset ecu but now I think I found the problem or a reason to the symptoms timing and spark have been on my mind just thinking it has to be so I thought id check for some spark I pulled the wires one at a time ha 1,2,4 where what you would expect engine bogs a litle but number 3 engine dies it goes sputter then done I did it 3 times just kind of making sure wasnt a fluke and it made my main relay click like tryn to start a dead battery that happend once but all 3 times once dead cel came on and solid red one ecu light (pr3)

Worked on the teg last night nothing yet but this am I went to start it and I guess there has been some random wire kind of grounding so not only does my car smell terrible and almoat caught on fire I have code 7 and 8 lucky me

check the timing belt to make sure that its stab correctly this may take a few hours to do but at least you will know the belt could be off one or two teeth that's what the car sounds like.I would start there just to rule that out.

Belts good new dizzy should be here tomorrow but I work late so might be a couple days before I get back

Yes the previous owner who is a f****** moron had a live wire not covered hooked up to the starter stuff so me running things down must have moved it and caused it to ground under the radio area

Back