91 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjoebright14

if i wanted to swap motors would a b16a be a good swap?im kinda new at this i know a little though lol

well it depends on if you know what you are getting into and how much money you are looking to spend on the swap and how much knowledge you know with hondas

read around the forum for 10 minutes before posting next time. i'm sure you will find your answer.

i know a little there are some things im not to sure about and want to learn but i found a jdm for 2000 with 33k on it is that good and some say to replace the axles too along with like shift linkage and things like that but im not sure about the axles do they need to be changed and i use the stock wiring harness with a adapter or something like that right?

i know a little there are some things im not to sure about and want to learn but i found a jdm for 2000 with 33k on it is that good and some say to replace the axles too along with like shift linkage and things like that but im not sure about the axles do they need to be changed and i use the stock wiring harness with a adapter or something like that right?
a JDM what? I'm wondering because you ask if that's a fair price, but I'm not sure what engine you speak of. and wtf the spell check on here just said iI spelled 'speak' incorrectly! B fix it please

thats the part im worried about is wiring myself what would i end up wiring? and jdm is japanese domestic market

thats the part im worried about is wiring myself what would i end up wiring? and jdm is japanese domestic market

Ok, no shit. Look man I'm asking what the specific engine is; D15, D16, B16, B17, B18, B20, H22, H23, K20, K24 etc. Most likely what you are looking at will fall into one of those engine families. If your trying to put a JDM motor into a CRX, as said in the link a few posts ago, you are severely limited in your choices unless you want to do a shit ton of fab work and spend lots of cash in the process.

Here is what i know about them.

D series will go well, as will B series engines. The B series will be a little more work since you've got to either make your own mounts or order some from hasport. The B swap will also require alot of wiring modification. H series engines I hear are not so hard, but they are'nt exactly cheap. K series engines swap will require HUGE amount of labor and money to complete it.

Do this: Look in the ad where you found the engine. Try and see if there is anything about the engine model listed in the ad.

if i wanted to swap motors would a b16a be a good swap?im kinda new at this i know a little though lol

i depends on the knowleage you got on hondas
and how much money you willing to spend on the swap
cus i spend 2500$ on a b16a 4 mounths ago on my civic teal eg
i build most of the block cus it had a hole bout the size of fist
cus the kid used it 2 race and didnt dupble shift

i want to get the motor in it running till i can get a different motor and its a b16 and i have a question do the raditor fans have to be hooked up for it to try and turn over? how do i leave yall for helping me?

im trying to get it running first cause i think the wireing is messed up what shpuld i do

Bring the car and a blank check to a reputable shop and let them do it. That's what you should do. If you can't take the time to do some research and figure out what you need to do to get your stuff right, then you probably can't do it to begin with.

Back