93 civic DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

caffeind

I'm getting a 93 civic dx that has dc headers, and high flow exhaust, cold air intake, upgraded suspension (previous owner used to race autocross), and racing wheels. I'm going to have around 2500-3000 dollards, i want it to still handle great but i'm looking for more power and possibly a turbo down the road...what do you guys recommend.

A B16 swap comes to mind. What kind of racing do you want to do? Do you want to race at all?

autoX in a DX with i/h/e and suspension? i DOUBT he was a serous racer... those mods would put him in a class through the roof....

Usually I would say B18C1 but not with that budget.

Originally posted by knowledge@Nov 5 2002, 07:30 AM
He might have been wanting to stay in a slower class because of the competition B!

intake boost your car up so many classes it is not even funny, but exhaust is allowed in stock class. On my sol (only auto crossed once not to compeditive) i had exhaust and intake, stock my car is in h class, with the intake it moved me up to d-prepared, same class as porsche 944s? maybe the 928s i kinda forgot.

For auto cross, for hondas, the most compeditive you can be is a car with exhaust and street slicks (must be dot legel) any more mods and it boost you with much faster cars and you wont have a chance.

thats when handling and driver skill come into play ... ive seen rabbits, GTIs, miatas, CRXs, and other small cars with low power pull some of the best numbers on autocross ... its not about power its about handling and driver skill

put a 1.8 out of an integra it will fit. I have a buddy that put one in his 94 Dx.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 7 2002, 12:53 AM
thats when handling and driver skill come into play ... ive seen rabbits, GTIs, miatas, CRXs, and other small cars with low power pull some of the best numbers on autocross ... its not about power its about handling and driver skill

those old rabbits/GTIs rock, they three wheel all the time

Back