93 del Sol Si {Movin' On Up}

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Haha I've taken this head off about 3-4 times now lol. The first time I took it off was my first time even doing anything major on a engine. Since then I've learned ALOT and I can even take this head apart within a hour now. It's nothing to me anymore.

Ahh don't you love knowledge based off of trial and error lol :D
:ditto:

I learned a whole lot that way too. The best part is that they're Hondas. Easy and cheap to fix. :)

May 22, 2010

Woke up this morning with a postive attitute to work on my delly :)

Time to drop the new engine in.........SIKE lol

1EngineSwapSIKE.jpg

I made sure the engine head was as clean as possible this time.

2CleanHead.jpg

3CleanHeadEngine.jpg

Then put my new headgasket on. This one feels much stronger than the previous one I bought.

4HeadGasket.jpg

Then I tighten back the head bolts.

5TorqueDown.jpg

Random?

6CrankPullyTool.jpg

Anyways time to jack this bad boy up.

7JackUpCar.jpg

Timing belt is back on.

8TimingBelt.jpg

Tightening the tensior now.

9TightenTensior.jpg

Putting the crank pully back on.

10CrankPullyTighten.jpg

Got the Intake Manifold back on.

11IntakeManifold.jpg

Cleaned out the valve cover that was mixed with coolant and oil.

12CleanValveCover.jpg

Put the fuel rail, intake, hoses & plugs back on.

13Install.jpg

Refilled it back up with new oil and coolant and engine is finish and complete!

14Final.jpg

Then I tried to start it and BAM! a problem occurs. Gas is spraying out inbetween the injector and the fuel rail causing the car to turn over, but not start.

It's a easy fix though, but night started to come so I couldn't see anything so I'll fix it tomorrow and start this bitch up ^_^

sometimes you have to get those injectors just right. when they are old sometimes the o-rings dont seal so great.

when do you think youll be getting your b20?

sometimes you have to get those injectors just right. when they are old sometimes the o-rings dont seal so great.

when do you think youll be getting your b20?

As soon as my job stops f**ing around lol. They're supposed to be giving me a lump some tuition reimbursement check, but they want every little detail about school so I'm in the process of doing that.

I'll have it real soon though :D

And thanks for the tip about the o-rings! I was searching around my room and I found a new set of them :happydance: didn't even know I had those suckers.

May 23, 2010

Solved my injector problem thanks to Mike aka "mdpsEG"

Found some new rings/seals in my room

SDC11058.jpg

So went outside and started to get working on it. I took out the old seals and they were pretty much toast. Some of them actually popped when I was taking them off.

SDC11059.jpg

This is how the injector looked when I took it off.

SDC11061.jpg

And the bad seals

SDC11063.jpg

Then I replaced them with the new seals

SDC11064.jpg

SDC11065.jpg

And then put the fuel rail back on and it's complete!

SDC11066.jpg

Started the sucker up successfully and no more overheat or fuel squirting out :)

SDC11070.jpg

And thanks to my mom for letting me borrow her Pontiac Sunfire everytime my Sol decides to fucc up lol

Last edited:
May 26, 2010

Couldn't get any sleep last night due to arguments and drama in my house. So I just hopped in the Sol and cruised around the city for a while to relax. It was about 20 minutes after midnight so the roads were pretty clear :D

Pulled up in a Miramar Park of Commerce and took a few pics since no one was there.

SDC11085.jpg

SDC11095.jpg

SDC11098.jpg

SDC11103.jpg

If I had a tripod for my camera I could probably take some better pics.

Last edited:
May 27, 2010

Came home from school and saw a box sitting in the living room for me.

SDC11105.jpg

Ohhh lala, a brand new exhaust.

SDC11106.jpg

Nothing special, just a eBay catback exhaust. Don't worry though because it's not going on the Sol right now. I mainly bought it for the 2.25 inch piping. The big shiny fartcan is going to get chopped off and replaced with a Vibrant or Borla muffler (still deciding). Also going to buy a Magnaflow 2.25 cat. It should sound pretty decent when I'm done with it.

But for now it's going back in the box till I get the rest of the parts. Should be on within the next 2-3 weeks though.

Thats a smart idea. How much $?

Only paid $90 bucks for it ^_^ It was actually $100 but I got a $10 off because I recently bought something from the same seller.

This beats buying some Skunk2 exhaust for $500+ bucks since thats probably the only brand that makes a full catback for the del Sol.

After I buy the Magnaflow cat and Borla/Vibrant muffler, my grand total should be around $260 for everything.

June 1, 2010

I rearranged my room today so I could have a dedicated corner for the parts I'll be getting soon and the ones I have curently lol.

Anyways I just remembered I had these laying around. There going straight to the parts corner ^_^

SDC11221.jpg

Besides that I have no major updates for the Sol yet. Still driving Sir-Smokes-Alot until I get that swap.

Stay tuned!

June 1, 2010 Part 2

One more thing! I attended State of STANCE on Sunday, May 31. Alot of nice cars out there.

Got a pic of teh Sol!

InCamberWeTrust.jpg

100_2052.jpg

Back