94 integra with ls.vtec swap burning oil badddd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM_EK9R

all motor
I have a 94 integra with a b18b1 block and a jdm b16 head. the motor is all stock with the b16 cams. The motor pulls hard in vtec, but sometimes (not all the time), it will blow out smoke really bad from the exhaust. I just did an oil change with 5W30 half synthetic motor oil. When it smokes, a TON comes out and then stops when I come to a stop. Obviously its burning oil, but what can I do besides Piston Rings to stop or slow the proccess? I beleive it has the LS oil/water pump gears on it. Its running on a p28 mugen chipped ecu. Also when the motor is cold from sitting all night, I go to start it and it idles very low, lower than the stock idle. Then when it gets warm it idles at like 8-900 rpm. When driving, sometimes it will idle at 1100 rpm. Any clue why? No check engine lights ...

I would do a compression check to see what kind of shape your engine is in. More than likely your rings are toast. Use some kind of proper tuning like crome or uberdata rather than some chip that isnt even close to what you need. I bet half the problems are from unknown tune you are running on.

well im waiting for my tuner to install the crome and do a quick street tune on the dyno. im positive the program on that ecu is junk. car runs too rich and i think also the valve seals are not good anymore. Thanks...

Back