95 Civic Dx B18b1 = One Fast Car!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by beau_safken+Feb 23 2003, 01:56 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 23 2003, 01:48 AM
its not want- its need :)

Dammit that is soo right :D :lol:

I guess I'll find out next weekend if I can get this engine installed before my bank account runs dry from all the wants turning to needs...LOL

w3rd :p

I'm being smart and riding out the busted ass tranny in my Sol until I can either 1) Swap out for a new engine or 2) buy a new car.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Feb 23 2003, 01:51 AM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 23 2003, 01:41 AM
beau_safken
@Feb 23 2003, 01:29 AM
But damn this project is already costing me a crap load more than I first anticipated.  

they all do.

orig budget for my swap- 3500.
current spending- 14,000

lmao

is that the DETT in the Nissan?

or a swap for your sol?

thats for the sol. the silvia is on hold.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Feb 23 2003, 02:02 AM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Feb 23 2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 23 2003, 01:41 AM
beau_safken
@Feb 23 2003, 01:29 AM
But damn this project is already costing me a crap load more than I first anticipated.  

they all do.

orig budget for my swap- 3500.
current spending- 14,000

lmao

is that the DETT in the Nissan?

or a swap for your sol?

thats for the sol. the silvia is on hold.

So do you physically have the Nissan...and just not the engine?

and what are u swapping into a Sol thats 10Gs?

...you're never gettin that $$ back, lol ;)

In responce to the cams q, go ctr. They beat the shit out of all after market cams in the realistic, non-$10k built sol swap world of performance. Theyll beat up on the competition until the last 1000 rpm or so and by fourth gear, youre runnin shit by a length.

Originally posted by beau_safken@Feb 23 2003, 03:56 PM
Do you know of a place that sells CTR cams???

alljdm does. Also you coud go to Hparts.com but i am not sure that they have JDM products. Make sure that you do the whole valve train. CTRS cams are not good with LS springs.

Well this upgrade will have to wait until I can replenish my bank account after the raping it will go thru this week. I was thinking of going with Integra Type R camshafts...Would those be ok with the LS hardware already on my block?

no. i don't own a nissan yet. im trying to find an s13 coupe, manual, in white or balck, non-crashed. its proving impossible.

as for the 10k swap- e's doing a complete ITR changeover. motor, 5 lug, etc etc... plus a shit load of suspension, bolt ons, clutch, etc. it adds up way too fast.
who said we wanted our money back? I'd rather spend 10 grand on something im going to enjoy then blow it on a girlfriend :)

as for my car-
2L GE sleeved gsr block built
b16a sir2 head, portflowed out and complete valve train
full-race turbo package- equal length manifold, precision turbo p61 turbo
2500 in guages and electronic devices for tuning/monitroing
3500 in wheels/suspension/tires
500 im going to have to spend at the dyno
it adds up fast.

but its the price i have to pay to run 10s :)
Originally posted by cockstronghalfablocklong
do you guys have bank accounts?

I used to :p

Originally posted by heterosapian@Feb 23 2003, 02:02 PM
In responce to the cams q, go ctr.

uhh ctr cams don't fit in an LS head y0

:bash:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Feb 24 2003, 03:51 AM-->
heterosapian
@Feb 23 2003, 02:02 PM
In responce to the cams q, go ctr.

uhh ctr cams don't fit in an LS head y0

:bash:

I thought that sounded kinda wierd. I couldn't figure out how the hell a B16a2 camshaft would fit in a B18B1 head??? I'm going ITR camshafts eventually so I really wasn't too concerned over the CTR shafts...just a touch confused.

MY car was already a manual...Why buy and auto in the first place anyway...Only pussies drive an auto.. :)

Dammit, I was hoping to get some better camshafts. Well I'll wait and see what happens. I was gonna do a timing belt and water pump swap when I do the swap but if I'm doing the camshafts I will do the water pump and belt when I do the camshafts. What do you think? Should I do the water pump and timing belt now or wait until the camshafts go in, in a couple thousand miles.

do it now. If the timing belt brakes, your pistons will slam into your valves, bending them. You could possibly brake your pistons or rods then they will let go and you will have major problems. Entire engines are completely worthless after that happens. Plus it is only like 100 for everything so why not do it and it is alot easyer when the engien is out of the car.

The car will finally be done later in the day. I will post some pictures of it and some other stuff. I'm so excited... :D :D :D

if you did the write up for this i would really like to see it cause i am doing the exact same swap. hoping to be done by the end of april, but that is only if i can get all the peices together.

i plan to run a type r flywheel and gsr tranny.

this setup is going in a dx coupe. when i am through i will try to post some #s and dyno figures. you should to so we can compare.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Mar 26 2003, 03:20 PM
if you did the write up for this i would really like to see it cause i am doing the exact same swap. hoping to be done by the end of april, but that is only if i can get all the peices together.

i plan to run a type r flywheel and gsr tranny.

this setup is going in a dx coupe. when i am through i will try to post some #s and dyno figures. you should to so we can compare.

I dont know if I will do a write up this time just due to time constraints from school and work but I will do a quick overview website. I am gonna dyno it later when I get more done..so probably won't be until May sometime. When I do I will more than likely have my car on the bottle and having a couple other treats added to it. Who knows.

Back