96-00 Dx rear disc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ihatemyprelude

I have some trailing arms off a 96 Teg but the car its off had ABS and my Dx is non abs, will i have to replace any thing for this to work ( calipers ext) any other parts i need to be aware of like LCM? Having a hell of a time finding a stright up answer.

I have 99 si ebrake cables, 40/40 Prop valve, Still looking for a non ABS booster/master. Not sure if the teg booster will fit on a civic i hear the bolts are thicker.

Last edited:
i have been told that teg trailing arms and wonderful disc brake setups bolt right in just use the tegs hoses and cables. u dont have to change out your master or proportioning vlv. as far as the abs thing are you trying to use the abs sys? if you are then i wouldnt know where to start if your not then its just a matter of removing the sensors and wires from your trailing arms and leaving them out

Ya my car is non abs, I was asking if ABS was caliper dependent. Found out thats a no. You sure its ok to keep stock booster and master? The prop valve is a must though, 40/40 is even brake power vs 60/40.

Change out the prop valve for sure. Otherwise you will mess up your brake balance and make the car worse than it was with the drums.

Correct on the sensors, just remove them.

Use your civic DX parts, everything but the actual trailing arm and brakes. (LCA, UCA, compensator arm, etc.)

No need for a booster. People upgrade the booster and say "zomg way different" and it is, the pedal effort is reduced and it makes your brakes "feel" stronger because you don't have to press as hard.. This, however is just a pedal effort issue. The booster will not make your car brake any better/faster/or harder.. It just reduces pedal effort.

Master upgrade is nice but not required. You will have more pedal movement and they won't feel as firm with the dx master, but it'll work either way.

Si e-brake cables are good. Not 100% on the brake lines, but I would imagine that either the Si/ex or teggy lines would work.

thats good to know about the prop vlv. i read in a parts interchange book that it was not nessesary to change out sorry about the misinformation

Back