97 acura cl swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blewup91rex

I have a 97 acura 2.2 cl watever the engine code is i kno it 2.2 vtec and i wanna do an h22 wat do i need to start with

this is the exact same swap as the 94-97 accord. (someone correct me if im wrong) your going to need a complete swap from somewhere like h motorsonline. so motor, tranny, ecu, axles. wire in secondary butterflies. lengthen idle air control, o2 sensor and the front thermostat jacket sensor.

your car since it already has vtec should not have to be wired in and also your car may have a knock sensor (presuming it does)

you will also need to have an obd 2 to obd1 harness if you get an obd1 motor, which i do suggest.(im bias)

driver side motor mount will need to be trimmer ever so slightly to make it fit.

exhaust will need to be modified to fit the header if you keep the cat other wise you will need to just have a test pipe made.

i believe there is a write up on this in a hybrid forum...not sure its been a long time since ive been around here.

got any ?'s feel free to pm me.

good luck

Last edited:
Yo tc this thread is 4 years old.

Back