97 Del Sol VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smorris65

I am replacing the clutch in my 97 Del Sol VTEC & am considering the LUK brand. The price seems good. My problem is it has become hard to change gears as I drive. Any comments on this brand clutch. Thanks.

By the way, a comment on Honda service in DFW texas.
Just had car in 8000 miles ago for new timing belt & 60K maintenance, all preventive maintenance. Now this. I took it back to same dealer because I have been a steady customer for 3 years. I received the same poor service.

Honda said I needed a new clutch & the master cylinder was leaking inside firewall. Amazingly, they did this just by driving it around the block. I do not see any leak myself. Aren't you supposed to check pressure?

I was also charged $87.00 to reset the check engine light & have tech add 1 quart oil which he said caused the light to come on. I don't see low oil as a reason the check engine light would come on.

The did not do any of the maintenance I requested on any visit, & they have never washed my car after I requested that. Hey, I already spent $1400.00. How about I pick up a clean car.

I feel better now. Any comment on LUK? Thanks

Originally posted by smorris65@Nov 12 2002, 03:13 PM
By the way, a comment on Honda service in DFW texas.
Just had car in 8000 miles ago for new timing belt & 60K maintenance, all preventive maintenance. Now this. I took it back to same dealer because I have been a steady customer for 3 years. I received the same poor service.

Honda said I needed a new clutch & the master cylinder was leaking inside firewall. Amazingly, they did this just by driving it around the block. I do not see any leak myself. Aren't you supposed to check pressure?

I was also charged $87.00 to reset the check engine light & have tech add 1 quart oil which he said caused the light to come on. I don't see low oil as a reason the check engine light would come on.

The did not do any of the maintenance I requested on any visit, & they have never washed my car after I requested that. Hey, I already spent $1400.00. How about I pick up a clean car.

stay away from this dealer, if they charge you money to reset the check engine light, screw them. If you can't work on it yourself, find a freind that owns a shop or something. Dealers wanted to charge me over 400-500 for a timing belt plus h20 pump, went to a local shop (they do the best work) and charge me 170ish.

...wait, I'm confused...is this a clutch problem that its hard for you to change gears, or a tranny problem?

Does the shift still go in and out of the gear pattern easily?

i would guess that as well, however... is any specific gear hard?? or all of them? it is highly unlikely that ALL the syncros would go at once

Back