98 lx mini-me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know you guys see alot of people asking what do I need. But i have never seen it for a 98 lx.
Would it be better to swap an EX vtec (d16y8) head or a head from an SI (i dont know if that would work, cant remember the engine code).
And what do I need? Could i use an apexi vtec controller instead of adding the ecu or is that stupid?
Thanx
(sorry for making you guys be repetetive)

I want to get around 250-300 horses at the wheels. I'm going to turbo it. Is it going to be expensive to stick with the d16 or should i swap a diff. motor in?

i would swap in a second. IMO, d-series have no potential

I've been reading around and I've seen alot of kits to put an F- or H- series motor into a 6th gen civic. Would this be another way to go or just an expensive pain in the @$$?

How much money do you really have to spend? 250-300whp in a Civic isn't super simple, and it's not easy to get if your budget only allows for a mini-me head swap.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 26 2002, 11:15 PM
How much money do you really have to spend? 250-300whp in a Civic isn't super simple, and it's not easy to get if your budget only allows for a mini-me head swap.

:werd:

I say, swap an LS in, then slowly piece of turbo kit together and go from there. Maybe later get just a LS block and build it up and swap it out.

Back