'99 Civic Engine Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondadx101

Ok I have a '99 Civic DX its a manual and I was wondering what the best engine swap was for my car. I was speaking with a few guys at this car shop and they told me that I would be happy with a GSR motor or if I wanted to just go out and buy a bolt on turbo for a little less money but wont be able to upgrade much from there. Then they told me that it is possible to get an even faster engine under there with not much more work they didnt even know what it was so I thought they didnt know what they were talking about. so i need a little insight on this matter.

Thanks alot to all you who read and actually give good feedback.

well, if this shop doesn't know the names of other motors than the GSR, don't ever go back to them to work on your car.
there's plenty of motors that fit. b16a2, b16b, b18c1, b18c5, b18c spec R, b18c sir-g, b20b, b20z, h22a, h23a, f22, f23, among others that make a good swap.

I would suggest not turboing the motor you have in there now. it will cost a shit load and still be slow.

what are you goals for the car? street? drag? autox?

Back