'99 CR-v

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

NOT new to Honda's but mostly the 'older' stuff..

Just picked up a CR-V for my Youngest son and rebuilt the trans with a 'supposed' better clutch's and a Trans-go flow improver kit, external cooler and a cheap header.
Going to re-route the end of the pipe around the little transfer case and wanted to know how different the O2 sensors are between up-stream and down-stream?

AND, with the OBDII ecu's, can one still clear codes with just disconnecting the battery or do you have to
have a scanner to do that.?

(it was showing codes b4 I bought it, but since the trans was poop, and ran great otherwise i thought "hoping" that it was just from the trans..)

Thanks E

Older than a 99? lol

I've always just had a cheap ebay scanner. Something like $15 usually does the trick for pulling codes. I've never tried disconnecting the battery since I always needed to know the code anyway. Sorry I wasn't much help.

I've jumped the connector to pull codes and I've used a scanner. Buy a scanner, even a cheap one. They are well worth it. They are also not Honda specific. I couldn't tell you how many times I've used mine that was initially bought for 1 car.

Ok, but does anyone know if you can use an UPSTREAM O2 in a downstream position and visa versa without
drawing a code?
I'm pretty strapped for cash and am thinking of just going to the pull-it and get a couple.

HEY Sir! Nice to hear from ya again! (might need to pick yer noggin on a B-series this spring. Going in a '84 1500s with flares etc..)

Yeah, know the different part numbers. Was looking at them at work a couple days ago.
And thanks for the link. Got it in my fav's.

E

Here's another question.
IF i were to lengthen the wires of the sensor, could that change the voltage value or meter reading?

Thanks

Shouldn't mess anything up, as long as the splicing is done well.

Lengthening the wires for the O2 sensor is one of the things that needs to be done when modding a D series harness for a B swap. So it's a pretty common thing to do.

Yippie-Skippy.

just that its RAINING AGAIN.. (if I would/could toss stuff out, I'd be INSIDE of my 30x50 shop..

You can use the upstream 02 downstream just have to change the plug they are the same 4 wire 02 , one just monitors pre cat and one post cat to measure a great enough difference after the converter, if throwing a code zi also reccomend a defouler for the post cat sensor, and bro its 2018 YOU NEED A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL, even cheapo ones now do live data and readiness monitors now and oem specific codes, and unplugging the computer doesnt do anything 98+ because obd2B those codes just get saved in pending codes and come right back after monitor drive cycle, you need a diag tool to even do oil changes and brake pads on most new cars, I can sell you a SWEET new Snap-On one $50 a week till you die (could work out in your favor)

Now you just need to lift it for him!
Who ya talkin to?
Don't worry yerself.. Gotta get the suspension all reworked before the lift. (just spent almost 300 getting the exhaust on my son's jeep done.)
It might take a few months. Gonna go with this:
http://www.coloradomountainrally.com/store/p1/Disc_Lift_Kit_for_HONDA_CR-V_1997-2001_(also_fits_Civic,_Integra,_Del_Sol,_CRX).html
it's funny, I'm going to be lifting a lil ol V 1.750 and lowering my '81 cherokee about 7" and changing it to 2wd with a caddy 500/NV4500.
Hope to look 'structurally' similar to this: (scroll down a bit)
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=127321&page=20
I don't think he's married or has youngin$..

Anywho, I don't own any OBDII's. I even changed back my '95 chevy 2500 back to carb..
If I need any OBD info, I'll run to my parts store and have them diagnose/clear

Thought I tossed the "A" pipe but found it tonight and the wires and 02 was still looking ok, so that's going in the header at the 4-2 collector.
The rear i still need to drill/weld a bung for the aft one and should be runnin.
I have a bud that's got a scanner tool that I can borrow.
I'll get one sometime, I promise..

E

Last edited:
I've never seen a full size Jeep lowered. I really like it. Now I need to forget about it before I add it to my list.

Nice, I bought a Grand Cherokee as third vehicle for us a few months ago. I will have to wait a bit before I can get one.

Back