A couple chevy questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok so does an HEI distributor fit right in place of the old style dizzy on a 350? i have an HEI i think on my '71, and an old style one on the 69.

oh yea, and how the hell do i change teh coil? what i mean is , how do i get the charge out of it safely. isn't it like a capacitor and holds a charge? I dont wanna fuck myself up if i touch the wrench to something metal on accident.
the HEI will fit right in place of the old one. The HEI should have a coil type thing inside of the distributer, they are real easy to change. 4 bolts and if i remember right 2 or 3 wires. no biggy