A Hard Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think ur taking it wrong dude ;)

so fuck vtec :lol:

yeah... what does a turbo look like... thats right a snail. oh and the PSHHT, thats a farting squirrel :blink:

I've only driven a a gsr like twice in my life, the first time i couldn't feel it kick in and it kinda sucked. The next time(which was like two weeks later) I redlined in 1st gear and upshifted, and hit the sweet spot in the rev range. Really, VTEC is kinda cool(for a NA car). But a turbo gives the same kick in the pants ten times harder. sticking with the ls and going turbo is the best choice. As for gas prices, I turboed my spyder and pretty much had to switch to premium. I'm still running stock slugs, so i gotta do everything to prevent knock. But I atleast got 230hp at the crank now. From 140hp to 230hp...just a turbo, intercooler, and fuel controller away.

Originally posted by civicSiR1@Feb 18 2003, 03:18 PM
LS VTEC is wack! try revin it up high....see what happens. go buy that geeser.

oh yeah LSVTEC sucks huh... try keeping up with me on the freeway or down the track n00b :lol: :lol: :lol:

Calesta and myself are both proof that you CAN rev the LSVTEC pretty high... Calesta brought his car to 9000 pretty often.... as for me at the track i REGULARLY shift at about 9100-9300 range.... yeah the GSR has been known to go all the way up to 11000 RPM, but are YOU ERICK AGUILAR, i didnt think so!

as for 98integrals, you need to start listening to reason about VTEC, yeah your saying LS/T ownz and believe me i know it owns cause of friends who have had it... but your forgetting this part though, the whole saying goes... LS/T ownz j00 "for the amount of money"

on the other hand, i've beaten LS/T cars, GSR/T, h22/T and its all the same to me... there are ALOT of fast turbo cars out there, but look at all motor, soon to break into the 9's.... i wouldnt be surprised if Erick broke it this season.

anyways thats just my OPINION B)

nice to know there is another all motor nut on this board :)

Yeah I am going all motor this summer but doing it cheaply, lets just say 2200 for a b18c5 is dandy of a price. But yeah what is up with all these threads about LS/VTEC? I mean like everyother thread involving an LS is about LS/VTEC and what are pro's and con's of it.

yea, i'm going to put an lsvtec swap in my ek very soon. just waiting up on my tax return, hehe, but yea, ls/t's are good setup. but a very well built lsvtec will own. so dont hate so much on the vtec heads out there. because there is some pretty fast cats out there running vtec.

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@Feb 18 2003, 03:49 PM
as for 98integrals, you need to start listening to reason about VTEC, yeah your saying LS/T ownz and believe me i know it owns cause of friends who have had it... but your forgetting this part though, the whole saying goes... LS/T ownz j00 "for the amount of money"

trust me dude i got respect for ls/vtec.

i have never ridden in a ls/v... i have however, riddin in LS/t so i am biased :)

im not looking for a car that i wont be able to drive around town anymore, or something that i will blow up every other weekend. Just a low boost (6-8psi) for some fun around town, at the strip or at an autox (yeah i know turbo+autox=bad idea but i really dont care). and i know that for the money (and what i want) a turbo setup is prolly a better idea than doing the ls/vtec.

anyways, boost is just so sweet :worthy:

sorry if i sounded like an ass about the vtec deal, i mean it more as a joke, not litterally.
plus i said i wanted turbo in the FIRST post of this thread.

Back