A Long Adventure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

randerson165

I have a 99 civic coupe ex. I want to slowly take some time and build an engine. I just want input from the experts at hondaswap about which engine you would recommend. I am probably going to take 6 months or even 12 months to build it. I just need to know what engine to start with. I was originally thinking LS but i read a thread the other day about the LS and B16 and most people were steering towards the B16. I want to go NA but I want to make alot of HP, close to 200 if not more. I'll go turbo if I need too. I don't have a budget but I don't want to spend more than 6 to 8 thousand over the 12 months. I want this to be a daily driver too. So which engine would you recommend without too much modification ?? LS/Vtec, LS/Turbo, B16, GSR, Type-R, etc......

200 at the wheels or at the crank? How torquey do you want it to be? How much money do you have to spend on the project? There are too many variables here to answer your question... but 200hp at the crank is actually pretty easy to get with any of the engines you listed.

i dont believe a 200 whp n/a b16 has been accomplished.... yet :)

Well, you can Get a CTR or torque isnt important...ITR always rocks...GSR owns with mods--it's up to you, LS would require turbo to get into the 200 range, unless you spent a shitload making in N/A.

Originally posted by SolReaver@Mar 12 2003, 09:08 AM
99 Civic Ex, Intake, ZC Pistons, AEM Fuel Rail, Skunk2 Cam Gear, Trick Head Work, Short Shifter, Pushing 150 HP

do you have a dyno chart for this claim or is it just a "guess?" :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

150hp at the crank is easy with that setup. :)

If you can get the money together at the same time,then I would say go for the ITR.You can get them pretty close to 200hp (195) and pulling the percentage lost through the drive train shouldn't be too hard with the extra cash you want to spend.

Back