Absinthe anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm gonna need a few friends to go fractions on this shit. I drink $20 bottles of bacardi.

$226 for this shit, it better be DAMN good.

phyregod,Aug 20 2005, 05:29 PM
A joint is as illegal as murder, either something is legal, or not. That's why there's no "sortalegal" in the law books. Probaby wouldn'yt be treated as bad as coke, or murder, but there are those who view it as bad, our customs and ATF people for one.
[post=542802]Quoted post[/post]​

In New Mexico, when you stop at a stop sign, you must count to three, honk your horn three times, then proceed.. It is state law. Does anyone do it? NO.. Do the cops do it? No. Has anyone in history ever been ticketed for it?? no. So there are "Gray" areas.
[post=542810]Quoted post[/post]​

No, it's still illegal, because no one chooses to inforce the law, doesn't make it not so. That's not a grey area, a grey area is when something isn't covered by a law, but we know we shouldn't be doing it, like you can legally go to Mexico, and buy pills, because you can get a persciption, and are allowed to bring X amount of bottles back, even though it would be illegal for you to aqquire them here.

chestercheeto48,Aug 20 2005, 05:56 PM
Can't be so illegal (grey area) if this place is selling it out of New York?????

http://www.absinth.com/links/loganfils.html
[post=542826]Quoted post[/post]​

[qoute]Absinthe (Alcohol) The importation of Absinthe and any other liquors or liqueurs that contain Artemisia absinthium is prohibited. ...
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/ prohibited_restricted.xml - 111.2KB - CBP gov[/quote]

My friend used to go into a bar in NY called Cokies, guess what the house special was? I can buy vicadon, valium, Xanax, percoset etc, online, does that mean that it is legal?

The sale of Absinthe for human consumption is illegal in the US under FDA rulings. Versions without, or very low levels of Thujone can be found, but they are not what a true absinthe fan will call real. I've had the real, and it will kick you ass. If people are saying they were drinking it straight in quanitiy they had bunk, it's pretty simple.

Damn you multiquote.

I had some last night.... weird that this thread shows up.

Anywho, if ever in doubt if a bottle of "insert anyhting here" is sold in the US look for the Gov Warning. If it doesnt have one then it's not sold in the US or it was imported from another country and is being sold under the counter.

The sale of Absinthe for human consumption is illegal in the US under FDA rulings. Versions without, or very low levels of Thujone can be found, but they are not what a true absinthe fan will call real. I've had the real, and it will kick you ass. If people are saying they were drinking it straight in quanitiy they had bunk, it's pretty simple.

Yea, i must say that Polish stuff that i had 10 shots of was very shitty. The stuff i have now i would be afraid to drink like that. German absinthe has a higher regulated thujone content ranging from like 25mg-35mg or something along those lines. I have only barely tasted it so far...not even a shots worth... and my mouth went numb. Oh and i HAVE tried the supposedly "real" stuff you have spoken about. The Czech Strong.

Oh and my definition of true absinthe would be pre-ban absinthe...like from the 1910s or whenever before the absinthe prohibition

Originally posted by importjdmcivic@Aug 21 2005, 04:11 AM

Yea, i must say that Polish stuff that i had 10 shots of was very shitty. The stuff i have now i would be afraid to drink like that. German absinthe has a higher regulated thujone content ranging from like 25mg-35mg or something along those lines. I have only barely tasted it so far...not even a shots worth... and my mouth went numb. Oh and i HAVE tried the supposedly "real" stuff you have spoken about. The Czech Strong.
[post=542976]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, the Chech stuff can be very good. The German, well, there's just such thing as German absinthe, it's illegal to make, sell, and import here, the very few that have surfaced (that I've seen) are under 10mg. Maybe someone is making it an exporting it, but it doesn't get sold here. I have been trying to find it local for about five years now, and only time I can get it without leaving country is about once a year, our friend who owns a bar, serves up a private stash.

Bah... gimme a quarter ounce of psilocybe cubensis any day.

Friend of mine had ten garabage bags full one time :) Went out to the cow pastueres near where we lived in the early mornings.

My Polish friend always gets me a different bottle everytime he visits his family in Poland. So i dont have to worry about ordering it or anything. He just smuggles it back, hahah.

France what?! lol

Here's the stuff that WE throw parties with. The real Frenchie shizzy, nikkuhs. It's GOOOOD. I dunno about hallucinations, but after about 8 shots of this, I was FUUUUCKED, and the girl that was drinking with me that I didn't know from Eve was putting my face in her crotch/boobs by the end of the night. ;)

http://www.lafeeabsinthe.com/acatalog/lafeeabsinthe.htm

You guys are funny. You see....the sale of Absinthe is illegal in the us right? right. But it is not in Canada. We have it all over the place, and it is loaded with wormwood. The thing is........it doesn't get you "stoned" like everyone thinks. Actually if you do some research into the subject, you'll find that even the most potent of absinthe made in underground distilleries in Germany and Poland, don't get you high at all. All absinthe is, is a really potent alcohol flavoured with licorice root, or sometimes mint, and herbs. Wormwood is used as an aromatic, not a hallucenegen. Case and point...yes wormwood is a hallucenegen, but for the amound they add per volume, and after the distillation process, the amount of wormwood contained in a bottle of Absinthe is nowhere near being enough to get you "high"...but it will get you hammered QUICK!

Also, for those of you who drink it often, try placing the sugar cube on top of the slotted spoon, pouring your shot of absinthe over the cube into the glass below. light the cube on fire and let the cube melt and drip into the glass. Wait until the cube is almost gone, then take water and pour it over the cube to put out the flame and add to the drink below.
It makes for a sweeter drink....and the carmalized sugar comliments the earthiness of the corriander very well.

It's not a hallucenation as LSD, or mushrooms, but it is psyhcoactive(sp), and yes, the real stuff does have enough to get you more than drunk.

you'll find that even the most potent of absinthe made in underground distilleries in Germany and Poland, don't get you high at all.

Don't believe eveything you read

<---lives in Germany

you live in Germany? What part? I have relatives just outside of Kassel.

i drank some a couple months ago....in shot form....about 3... and i was feeling ohhh so goood.....but the guy that had it said he drank half a bottle and had intense nightmares....lol

Originally posted by adnoh@Aug 22 2005, 04:24 PM
you live in Germany? What part? I have relatives just outside of Kassel.
[post=543478]Quoted post[/post]​

Bamberg, about 3 or 4 hours away from Kassel :)

just eat some fresh nutmeg... that should have you seeing shit for a few days...

Nope, have friend who at handfuls...nothing, idiot ate, smoke it, hell he tried snorting it.

Back