Air Force Anybody?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prawjEKt Cx

hey is anybody here in the Air Force, if so let me know how you like it, i have 20 days till i enter active duty and i'm starting to shit my pants.

Yeah dont worry about it. When you get to Lackland all the TI's are gonna get on your bus and tell you to grab your shit and get the fuck off the bus. Theyre going to yell all night long. Don't laugh or look at them or anything. Make sure you eat well before you get there. If you get picked up late in the day, you will not be fed. Eat at the Airport. And make sure you're flight doesnt let the TI's turn you all against each other. Do your shit, cry at church and you'll be on your way to tech school before you know it. If you have a sister flight like I did, Find one you want to bang and work on her for the whole six weeks. I did and I banged her on town pass. Later

thanks for the support, i've been on delayed entry for the last 8 months but my job is gonna be computer systems operator (i.e. networking on base) either way i won't be in the line of danger much if at all...

Thats the job I should have taken. Your tech school will probably be at sheppard which sucks. STD central, wear a condom. And remember what I said about the girls in the sister flight. It makes the 6weeks and 5 days go by alot faster when youre flirtin with one of the girls upstairs. This one girl wrote me letters like every night telling me what she wanted to do to me. Keep this to yourself or your whole flight will be trying to hookup and that will be BAD. During warrior week you'll be able to spend some time with her whoever she is. Have some balls and keep your locker clean. Good luck. Im a SSgt now. I miss basic training. The food was great, but dont sit at your table til everyone is there and dont start eating before anyone has achance to pray. The airforce is good to its people, but Its not for everyone. Good luck.

Hey man just an idea...If your not allready locked in ur job I would go for an aircrew job...TRUST ME.... I'm a loadmaster... You make more money and you get treated better cause ur with the officers all the time plus u get to wear a flight suit and don't have to worry about BDU's.... Plus if you get stationed somewhere like where I'm at You make a ton of extra money....I haven't had to pay taxes in over 2 years now beacuse of flying in the box....Anyway lackland was a joke no big deal....Don't stress on it too much man !!!!

nonjdmhatch doesnt pay taxes because hes in Saudi. If you take his job plan on spending alot of time in the desert. The money is better though, because he always gets hazard pay. Stick with the computers. You'll be able to get a good job with that experience when you get out.

yeah dude my job is locked in, but i know if i bitched i could switch it, the reason i chose this job was because it's shit i can pretty much already do, and it's gonna be useful to me when i get out.

and LIhybrid my tech school is 12 weeks at keesler AFB in biloxi MS, i hear it's a huge shit hole, so i'll be looking forward to that.... i'm not really too worried but it's cool listening to past stories... like the general consencious of everybody i ask about basic is "i thought it was hard while i was there but once i was out it was like it never happend" and the other one was being that it is a huge mental game they play on you, physically it's not demanding at all but they fuck with your head for 6 weeks straight.

Nope not saudi here...I'm in Germany....I go there but only for a day at a time... and only once a month...Just to get my pay...The good thing about the computer job is you'll have more time to go to school...unlike me... I came in with 90 hours and just finished my bachelors degree and I've been in a little over 3 years....Tech school for me was a year long though....I would try to get some bull sh*t degree and become an officer....That's what I did...I leave for officer training school in april....

Originally posted by slohnda@Jan 6 2003, 10:07 PM
hooah. i leave for the army feb 17th. my mos is 31S, satellite communications.!@

did you know USARMY is a acronim?? Just reverse it

YMRASU (yes my retarted ass signed up)

praw-

Keep your head low in Basic, try to not be noticed. LIhybrid is giving you good advice (mad props), just keep looking forward. Remember the weeks go by fast and the days go by slowly, trust me. Once you get there you'll understand that last sentance. Congrats on making the right enlistment choice, cause when it boils down to it military is military. The pay is the same, so are the benifits, the only difference is quality of life and safety. And guess what, you get both. I'm stationed in Dyess (about two miles from sheppard), so shoot me a PM when you get there. Remember that BMT is something thousands of people (including myself) look back apon fondly. But do not forget you are there to learn, keep focused and you'll be fine.
Oh one more thing, and this is most important, DO NOT GET MARRIED IN TECH SCHOOL!!!!!

best of luck
SrA Passmore, USAF

Originally posted by NONJDMHATCH@Jan 6 2003, 10:27 PM
Hey man just an idea...If your not allready locked in ur job I would go for an aircrew job...TRUST ME.... I'm a loadmaster... You make more money and you get treated better cause ur with the officers all the time plus u get to wear a flight suit and don't have to worry about BDU's.... Plus if you get stationed somewhere like where I'm at You make a ton of extra money....I haven't had to pay taxes in over 2 years now beacuse of flying in the box....Anyway lackland was a joke no big deal....Don't stress on it too much man !!!!

Yes but once he gives up his job he's at there mercey. I knew a guy that came in because his mother died and left him his little brother (the guy was like 19). He went open general and now he's an SP. If he's got a tech job that allows him to further his knowledge in what he wants to do anyway, they he should stick with it. I'm Hydraulics and I'm going to school for Buisness Man, not exactly related...

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Jan 6 2003, 11:32 PM-->
@Jan 6 2003, 10:07 PM
hooah. i leave for the army feb 17th. my mos is 31S, satellite communications.!@

did you know USARMY is a acronim?? Just reverse it

YMRASU (yes my retarted ass signed up)

praw-

Keep your head low in Basic, try to not be noticed. LIhybrid is giving you good advice (mad props), just keep looking forward. Remember the weeks go by fast and the days go by slowly, trust me. Once you get there you'll understand that last sentance. Congrats on making the right enlistment choice, cause when it boils down to it military is military. The pay is the same, so are the benifits, the only difference is quality of life and safety. And guess what, you get both. I'm stationed in Dyess (about two miles from sheppard), so shoot me a PM when you get there. Remember that BMT is something thousands of people (including myself) look back apon fondly. But do not forget you are there to learn, keep focused and you'll be fine.
Oh one more thing, and this is most important, DO NOT GET MARRIED IN TECH SCHOOL!!!!!

best of luck
SrA Passmore, USAF

i'm gonna try not to get married the whole time i'm in there, i still want to pursue college afterwards, but that's far down the line. i'm just gonna take it one day at a time now.... i appreciate all the advice that you guys are giving me i could listen to it all day. i trust my recruiter but to an extent, luckily i have alot of friends in the force. and last summer i went to visit my friend out in peterson afb in colorado springs and saw how good he had it and that's exactly what i did, went home and went to meps imediately 7 months later here i am, i mean i'm getting nervous about going to have to put up with the shit, but like everybody said you'll have about 45 guys to a flight, and don't be the dumbass of the group or it'll be hell.

Back