All-Motor setup--Tell me what you think!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hnmm........I would pass eagle rods and go with something else, probe or crower.

cams..........not sure, depends really...........for me any toda cams will do B's and C's

Yeah right now I'm really looking into the cams because it's such a big decision. I like the Rockets, Todas, Skunk2's and the Wicked cams but still need to do more research before buying. All suggestions still very welcome. ;)

Wicked cams are the ones to buy right now. I will put money on it.

all you have to do is spend about 8 hours searching the internet for 1 single graph of ANY CAM MAKER that beats skunk 2 type 2's or Jun 3's.

I don't think it exists, all I have is graphs with those cams beign the best. Wicked is just like that.

Remember, hype doesn;t make horsepower, dyno proven products do. Buy whats proven, and you know works.

Jeff

i think i'm goin with skunk 2 stage 2's in my 11:1 NA h22. yay!

Yeah Jeff I looked at the numbers and the wicked cams look good but still a tuff choice because there are others that are proven. ;)

well, I personally dont understand the tough choice really.

Low price, you could have them in 1 day, they make more power than any cams I have seen, ever.

pretty good reasons.

Jeff

After looking at everything I could find I'm going to have to go with Jeff. His cams out do the rest. So when I get ready for that part Jeff expect a call. :D

nismogod, thats a good question.

If you look on Import review on IB Spec motors, youll see a NOS car that ran 11's in a EG hatch with a 2 liter with cams very very similar to those cams.

The idea with NOS is make the most amount of HP, all motor, then spray on top of that.

Jeff

awesome, now the question is, do you make cams for my H22?

can you pm me with info on that? i saw on the site prices for valvetrain, but not for rods. sorry to thread jack

No problem this is all helping people I got my set-up almost all picked out now I just need to wait for my check to come. :D

I'm sure IB is a good company but I am all for Skunk2 Racing for All-Motor setups...One of Skunk2's motto's is "Got Boost...Hell No!"

UnlimitedEK9

Jeff, What do you think about the Type-S cams in my H22? Should I go with maybe skunk2's or something else? This is my daily driver, but I want to race it, and be competitive...

Originally posted by scottp11@Jun 15 2004, 08:28 PM
Jeff, What do you think about the Type-S cams in my H22? Should I go with maybe skunk2's or something else? This is my daily driver, but I want to race it, and be competitive...

Hi scott.

I think if your trying to be competitive, you need a sleeved block, the new Ultimate pistons, a CNC head ported head, and TWM TB's. If I had even Super dupers and a ported head with cams right now, I would be making 280 on my motor. It made 233 WHP today with a stock head, stock cams, intake manifold, stock TB.

Imagine if I had a ported head with cams and aftermarket pistons? its on 91 octane now, I drove it home on 87. Its a freaking monster.

Jeff

Back