Alternator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

im replacing the alternator in my 95 dx... it sucks ... anyone know of any guides on this i have a haynes but still having a bit of trouble

jack the car up, loosen the tension bolt, take off upper mount bolt, get under car and loosen lower bolt, remove belt. replace the belt.

I know what you are replacing....don't take it out on us, we're just helping....the alternator is easier to take off than peeling a banana.

Dangit beavis! my helms manual SUCKS for replacing alternator... i took off brackets and nuts and stuff all i need now is the last bolt that is under the alternator. the damn thing WILL NOT COME OUT ARRGHHHHH please help tell me how to get this facker out!! im about to take a sledgehammer to it.

Originally posted by Pewble@Jun 26 2005, 07:50 PM
Dangit beavis! my helms manual SUCKS for replacing alternator... i took off brackets and nuts and stuff all i need now is the last bolt that is under the alternator. the damn thing WILL NOT COME OUT ARRGHHHHH please help tell me how to get this facker out!! im about to take a sledgehammer to it.
[post=516730]Quoted post[/post]​

If you have removed all the other bolts there is probably additional tension on the one remaining. Put the others back in loose the problem child and then remove the others. oh of course as vetecpower mentioned a pipe is sometimes needed.

Back