Amazon echo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
so what do yall think about this thing, so far its got my interest enough that i may buy one, im just wondering how im going to get wifi to it as my desk top and modem is hardwired and i want to keep it that way. and just a note im still alive just working my ass off and get on here when i have time from recovering lol

I read a pretty good article on it recently. Basically said that the technology was more advanced than the customer base.

the same could be said for damn near anything

I remember growing up, my old man wouldn't replace the broken TV remote because it was cheaper just to hit the button on the console. This thing would drive him nuts!

I'm going chromecast audio once they get multi room capabilities. I was thinking of doing sonos, but chromecast audio is 10x cheaper.

I'm going chromecast audio once they get multi room capabilities. I was thinking of doing sonos, but chromecast audio is 10x cheaper.

sonos fucking SUCKS. the equipment is solid, however the software is terrible. even more so if you have a mac. i've setup a few systems, they always seem to forget their marbles every few weeks.

sonos fucking SUCKS. the equipment is solid, however the software is terrible. even more so if you have a mac. i've setup a few systems, they always seem to forget their marbles every few weeks.

Hmmm. I have a few family members with their whole house on it, and like 5 zones. Works flawlessly. But they're rocking the old controller method for everything + a dedicated ipad.

Seems unnecessary to me. Put your phone and a bowl and it also fills the room 360 degree omni-directional audio. I'd be really surprised if this sticks at all.

I bought one for my wife. It's really cool. It does a ton of things. It's nice laying in the dark and telling it to play some peaceful music off of Spotify and having it set a sleep timer too.

She listens to books while she's working out.

It's nice to get weather forecasts as you're rolling out of bed and news headlines.

Didn't think I would like it as much as I do but it's above and beyond cooler than I thought it would be.

Back