Americas most hated family

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quote:
Wow! It blows my mind to see so many non-believers on this site. I can say with out any doubt that I will go to Heaven when I die. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. He was tortured and died on the cross for my sins and yours as well. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be on the right path. But, I cannot judge any of you. Only God can judge you, and you WILL be judged one day. There is an eternal life, but it is up to you as to whether or not you will spend it in Heaven or Hell. how do you know youre going to heaven... what if the "islamics" [lol] are right... what about all the people before jesus. cavemen, greeks, romans, egyptians? all to hell? See that is where I stay true to my beliefs. The Islamics are NOT right, and no one will sway me to believe so. God was communicating through Jesus Christ. God communicated to many others before Jesus was born. But you already seem educated on the Christian beliefs. I shouldn't have to explain them to you. You just choose not to believe. do you know who issac son of sarah/sarai & ismael son of agar are?
this whole islamic, jew war is the biggest baby mama dram ever^_^

think about it thats a small line to heaven. BIG line to hell... that sounds like failure to me You are correct sir. It IS a narrow path to Heaven and a very wide path to Hell. I guess me seeing so many non-believers on this site proves to me why that is so.
that sounds like failure to me

As for the video. That family has some huge issues. She calls themselves Evil Angels. That God does not want them to bring other people closer to him, but that he wants her family to bring out the evil that is "truely" in their hearts. That would be the work of Satan. they are just stupid We agree on one thing...lol

I do agree with her on the fact that homosexuality is a sin, and all homosexuals will be held accountable for it. gay is gay. they like it, then leave them alone... Hey, I'm not standing on the corner preaching about gays. I do leave them alone...I have some friends who are gay...I wish it wasn't so, but that is the path they chose to lead... ok, thats reasonable

I love it how some of you think that all churches want is your money. HAHA! So you actually think the money in your pockets is YOUR money huh. You think the cars that you drive are YOURS. You think everything in your possession is YOURS? I hate to burst your bubble, but it is all God's. You came into this world with nothing, and you will leave the world with nothing. i dont see god working for the money God created you. God created the money that we work for. God created this world. God gave you what you have now, and he can take it right back. god if he exists, he made laws [not bible laws. big bang laws, evolutionary laws]

and I'm getting side tracked with someone over here, so I might come finish this in a different post later...

blah

^^^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
why?
no one has called names
no bashing
every one is
[FONT=&quot]courteous

why does every one hate
[/FONT]religious [FONT=&quot] talk...?

shit i dont believe it, doesnt mean i cant talk about it with other people
[/FONT]

this is a conversation.
which you do not like... so dont click the thread

yup, anyone who follows a religion hates to hear anything to the contrary

and God isn't an admin here, he can't lock threads. Some people just thing that B is a god lol

not me

[selfless promotion]
my Bday is tommorrow!!!
WOOT WOOT

i was born on a palm sunday, wierd huh

[/selfless promotion]

why?
no one has called names
no bashing
every one is [FONT=&quot]courteous[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]why does every one hate [/FONT]religious [FONT=&quot]talk...?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]shit i dont believe it, doesnt mean i cant talk about it with other people[/FONT]

this is a conversation.
which you do not like... so dont click the thread

I hate religion, much less the talk of it.

at least you have real things to say...
dveit =
sleep1.gif
new_sleeping.gif
Worst thread of 2007.

Dear God, and the Holy Son, please end this thread. __________________
nothing to say, i think it's over his head.

I read a heart breaking account last week of some christians in the UK who were literally so poor at times they went without food. Their mom would pray kneeling, aloud for hours on end begging Jesus to feed her hungry children.

if I remember right she later died of a cancer that Jesus never healed

the children are no quite obvious ex-christians

Ugh.
God helps those who help themselves.
This is obviously another person who thinks God owes them something.

Instead of spending hours "praying" (begging for a handout), she should have spent her time working to pay for food so that God could reward the her for being a good steward of her time.

I read a heart breaking account last week of some christians in the UK who were literally so poor at times they went without food. Their mom would pray kneeling, aloud for hours on end begging Jesus to feed her hungry children.

Please go read the book of Job

I agree, but I'd like to stress that disease and cancer are part of a population control. I look at it scientifically instead of religiously. It sucks that people have to die, but it happens. I cried when my grandma died of colon cancer, but that's what happens.

Please go read the book of Job

Job? I thought we were debating Christianity. Jesus says "ask and you shall receive" referring to prayer. Not maybe, not "if god wills it" ask and you shall receive...

the "it's god will thing" is a poor argument at best. It's never God's will the his children starve, ever. People prayed over infections to Jesus for two thousand years and not a single prayer was answered until the invention of Penicillin. That's not blasphemy, it's reality.

Why does god care and not do anything? He knows your sole can't be harmed. Sacks of flesh and bone are of little value on a spiritual level.

If you want to bring something to my attention extend to me the curiosity I extend to you and link it

Amazon.com: Gods of Our Fathers: The Memory of Egypt in Judaism and Christianity (Contributions to the Study of Religion): Books: Richard A. Gabriel

Review
"Professor Gabriel's new book, Gods of Our Fathers, will engage and enrage Biblical maximalists and minimalists and everyone in between with his clearly written analysis of Egyptian influences upon Judaism and Christianity. The idea that both of these great religious faiths may have had their theological roots in Egyptian thinking is, to say the least, quite provocative and certain to engender much debate. As Nietzsche observed, what is needed is the courage to attack our convictions. Professor Gabriel's book does just that." - Dr. Stanley N. Rosenbaum Professor Emeritus Judaic Studies Program Dickinsen College

"There is great enjoyment in following the reasoning of an outstanding analytical mind offering solutions to complex matters. My colleague has written an intellectually challenging work that will stimulate the thinking of both historians and theologians. In this new book one finds the long overdue arguments that pays a debt of honor to the thoughts and ideas conceived of in the Nile valley long before Moses, the Exodus, and Christ. Professor Gabriel has plunged into the deep waters of controversial intellectual challenge in offering us this most erudite research into so controversial a subject. (from the Foreword)" - Professor Mordechai Gichon Professor Emeritus of Archaeology and Military History Tel Aviv University Fellow of the Society of Antiquities

Book Description
Gabriel offers a startling new look at Judaism and Christianity by attempting to trace their historical theological roots, not to the revelations of God, but to the common theological ancestor, the religions of ancient Egypt. Using new material only recently made available by archaeology, Gabriel shows how the theological premises of Christianity were in existence three thousand years before Christ and how the heresy of Akhenaten became the source for Moses' Judaism. Gabriel begins with the challenge that the dawn of man's ethical conscience began in Egypt by 3400 BCE, long before the age of revelation in the West. Over the course of 3000 years, Egyptian theologians developed a complete theology of trinitarian monotheism, immortality of the soul, resurrection, and a post-mortem judgment within the Osiris myth. These concepts existed nowhere else in the ancient world and were passed directly to Christianity. In 1200 BCE, the heretic pharaoh Akhenaten abandoned Egyptian tradition and invented his own theology of a single god, no immortal soul, no resurrection, and no post-mortem judgment. This tradition was passed to the West through Moses whose Judaic theology is identical to Akhenaten's.

I'm buying this on Payday, I've been doing some study on the idea that Judeo Christian theology came from Egypt, I had no idea somone had already written a book on it

Back