Amps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rockhillhonda

I have 3 amps that I have in my Honda right now and I want to know if there is a better place to put them so that they will be out of the way then inside my trunk. Do you think that they will fit beneath my front seats? And has anyone done this before, is so let me know. Thanks

I have done 1 amp per each seat, not the best thing IMO. They can start fires easy, on carpet. Personally, I'm bolting my amps to the back of the board in my trunk, making it so they'll be out of the way, and against a hard surface.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jun 13 2004, 03:53 AM
under the seats can limit mobility of the seat

that and the seat moving back and forth can knock out wires; as they do all the time uin my buddy's 03 ser spec v

i have my amp (good size) mounted on a board with hinges in my spare tire well. i can still fit my spare in there also. it all depends on how its mounted. B)

Ya I used to have an amp under my seat in my old `92 civic and it BARLEY fit, was more of a pain then anything else, was not worth the effort imo.

on the backseat behind the box, which fits perfectly into the back of the trunk of my 93 accord... :shrug2:

fires in cars are bad man, dnt fuck wit ur amp wiring/mounting, do it right or burn, i made the mistake and burned a hole in my floor carpet, and inhaled a lil plastic smoke, *cough cough*

if u wanna hide it take out ur spair tire unit and mount it underneath the board ur box sits on, but if u have the stock cardboard crap there, its a bad idea

I've got two amps under my passenger seat for my subwoofer and center. They were both small and if the amp is slim enough, you shouldn't have a problem with limited seat mobility.

The amp for the fronts and rears is in the glovebox. I mounted it upside down to the top side of the glovebox so that it's out of the way but if I pull it all the way down I can access the amp controls. Once again, amp's gotta be small enough for this to work.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 4 2004, 03:11 AM
if the amps are that small there shit. two amps under the seat and one in the glove box?

Ya haven't heard my system ;)

DTS 5.1 > big amps.

Just from what I've heard it sounds like mounting amps upside down is a bad idea out for a heatsink. Breathability is a big issue, I have my amp mounted on the back of my seat where there is space, it wouldnt fit anywhere else.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Jul 6 2004, 12:40 AM
Just from what I've heard it sounds like mounting amps upside down is a bad idea out for a heatsink. Breathability is a big issue, I have my amp mounted on the back of my seat where there is space, it wouldnt fit anywhere else.

It is, but as long as you keep some air moving around it (or don't get it so hot) you should be fine. Hey, your kickass 3d card has a heatsink on it... and it's in your computer upside down.

Back