APC Racing Seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5thGenLuvin

I just got my new APC racing seats in today, and harnesses to match, all black seat, blue harness, sexi. Anyways.... there are no brackets for these seats to a 5thgen hatch, and I cannot find any even CLOSE to me... should I try drilling out the rivets on the 5thgen seats and mounting those brackets to the apc seats, or fabricate my own brackets lengthwise on the floor and bolt the sliders of the racing seats directly to that?

APC is the enemy. That said, if you can fab up some rails, that is pretty much teh only option. A tell tale sign of shitty seats is that there are no rails that work for a paricular application. It says "We don't care enough to make them fit, or safety test, so we just say they are for off road use only that way when you die in a wreck your family can't sue because we told you our product was a piece of shit" or something to that effect.

APC = Ricer & a waste of money

I think I'd feel safer sitting in cardboard seats over that junk. I say sell that crap and get some real seats, you'll thank yourself.

There are actually specific seat raisls designed by Wedge Racing for APC seats to specific applications, but thy're 90 bucks a side and prolly a month wait for me in Canada. Could I just use the mounting hardware off the stock seats onto these instead though?

Ricer is getting old IMO.... Any aftermarket appearance item for a Japanese car is considered rice, doesn't matter who makes it. Non performance racing accesories will always be labeled rice, so I don't care much. It's not like I have 50 decals and a 5 foot wing on the back to keep my car on the road when the stock D15B7(for now) winds up! lol

Originally posted by 5thGenLuvin@Aug 13 2005, 12:39 PM
Ricer is getting old IMO.... Any aftermarket appearance item for a Japanese car is considered rice, doesn't matter who makes it. Non performance racing accesories will always be labeled rice, so I don't care much. It's not like I have 50 decals and a 5 foot wing on the back to keep my car on the road when the stock D15B7(for now) winds up! lol
[post=539681]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, so according to you my ViS carbon fiber duckbill spoiler, ViS carbon fiber OEM style hood, and Konig wheels are considered rice, PLEASE! It doesnt take decals and a ridiculous wing to make a ricer it just makes one easier to spot :lol: Also according to you I could go get a "performance" axle back fart can exhaust from PepBoys and that wouldnt be rice huh?! C'mon man you most certainly sound like a typical ricer to me, your just trying to justify the fact that all that crap appeals to you and your too cheap to get good name brands. I think more than half of the people here would agree with me, APC = "A" "P"athetic "C"ompany.
I have yet to have one person consider what I have done to my car is "rice". I hate ricers and APC is at the top of the totem pole when it comes to rice.

Can I get a "fuck APC?!?!?!"

Maybe I'd rather dump 2k into my engine then under my ass:/ I'm glad you can blow alot on ViS shit, but I'd rather put the money to better use, and buy cheaper "accessories". How is that exactly ricing? Rice is blowing money on useless and senseless exterior upgrades and saying you got a race car.

APC A Pieceof Crap :-D with that said sell those seats on ebay you can get some money for them cuase some other retard will buy them im sure...save up and get some sparco seats...or corbeau...BUT if you are cheap like me (i will never get APC though) just make a U bracket and I guess put the seat on that I don't know if the stock rails will sit on the seat I guess try it and find out...

yeah, because we all know that the entire import community is based on what OTHER people think of your ride. :rolleyes: I hate people that preach about how bad something is just because it's cheap or because you can afford better. HE evidently likes his APC seats, so leave him alone if you don't have anything constructive to add.

I can't understand why the import scene is so harsh to everyone. I've been getting into the muscle/domestic scene since I bought my 460 and the Z car scene since I bought my 280, and neither of those communities are so goddamn hard on their members. It blows my mind, really. John had a point when he said it was bad for safety, because it is, but really, to type an entire paragraph about how "my car's appearance mods aren't rice (they clearly are, btw.) but everyone else's is!!!1111!" is just pretentious and stupid.

I really should stop making posts like this because nobody reads them or listens anyway, so fuck it. I'm not gonna waste my time anymore.

I hate stereotypes and the people who perpetuate them.

Originally posted by 5thGenLuvin@Aug 13 2005, 02:04 PM
Plus you have stock seats. So wtf you yaking about?
[post=539704]Quoted post[/post]​

How the fuck would you know what kind of seats I have smartass!?!? For your information I have delsol seats biatch and I love em! And I've got around 4k under my hood, and it aint no D-series either so why dont you shut up and go return your gay ass seats with your D15B7 motor, get a swap and some real seats before you start tryin to talk shit.

And to Battlepope, I dont base my car on what people think, I was simply trying to make a point that the stuff that I have done to my car is far from rice in my eyes and many others have agreed, that is all. I could really care less of what people think about my ride because I like it and thats all I care about just like the rest of you I would assume. I assume we are on the same page, I was just trying to make a point.

Originally posted by 5thGenLuvin@Aug 13 2005, 11:04 PM
Plus you have stock seats. So wtf you yaking about?
[post=539704]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd rather have stock seats than APC garbage, I like not tasting steering wheel, know they have been crash tested, and aren't going to fade in a week.

On that note, if Wedge makes a bracket for it, get it, Wedge is a great cpmany, and they make a good product.

THIS THREAD HAS GONE STRAIGHT TO HELL.

Guy asked for some damned advise and you all start fucking with him.. Fuck YOU. Help him out or STFU.

I did, safety is something that should be taken very seriously, even if it means sitting your ass in OEM seats till you can afford something that is decent.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 13 2005, 07:58 PM
I did, safety is something that should be taken very seriously, even if it means sitting your ass in OEM seats till you can afford something that is decent.
[post=539725]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur:

ive seen the cheap ass ebay seats
ive seen the ractive seats
ive seen the APC seats

they ae all garbage... i have seen several of them break without even having an accident or anything... they are not safety tested... and like john said they get away with this by saying "not for street use"
shit if you are gunna trust your safety to those seats why dont you just get an APC roll cage too

the seat is as, if not more, important than the harnesses and the cage

safety is something im not a big fan of skimping out on

Well I actually like APC seats, I didn't buy them cause they're cheaper, I bought them cause of all the seats I have sat in, including MoMo and Sparco they are extremely comfortable to me. Corbeau isn't bad either but they're made just as well as APC.

Jdmeg6, just so you can be self-secure, I do have a swap actually. B18B/C1 head that's going in next month when my brother inlaw is here. Until then it's getting rebuilt/decked/Vtec converted at the best racing machine shop in my area.... so stfu batch.

Back