Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Not until I have to

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Not a chance

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You guys do you. I will do me. As a matter of fact, I encourage as many as people as possible to please be human test dummies and get vaccinated by an understudied, non FDA approved vaccine in which no long term side effect research has been done so I can benefit in 4-5 years when you all have been studied enough to know the long term effects of the vaccine. You guys are the new modern day hero's. thank you for your service

I have a lot of similar feelings. I don't trust it.

I personally know someone who died 3 days after her 2nd shot. 45 years old, otherwise healthy. left work early one day not feeling well, and her parents found her dead the next day when her work called them to check on her as they hadn't heard from her.
No idea exactly what happened. could have been completely unrelated, but there's no explanation that's been made publicly.

I also saw a few news cases of similar events. Who knows, could have been a heart attack. they don't tell you the truth any more.

At the same time, millions have been vaccinated and aren't dropping dead. So, maybe it's a fluke or a side effect for certain dna... who knows.

All i do know, is i agree with scott. I don't think it's tested thoroughly enough for me to get in line. I would love things to go back to normal and not worry about wearing a damn mask all the time, but i'm not ready to take my chances just yet.

The odds of me surviving both covid and the vaccine are both very near 100%. That's the juggling act i'm in.

I can't protect myself against a non-perfect vaccine, but i can protect myself against catching it a bit (mask, wash hands, etc) which right now puts my favor into not getting it yet.

I'm just glad my parents got it. They aren't in the near 100% covid survival bracket. Maybe 85% for my dad and 95 for my mom.

If i was 10 years older, the dilemma wouldn't be as hard. The 100% odds start to drop and put favor towards getting it.

Tinfoil hat: What if the vaccine is actually the virus? :X

I have a lot of similar feelings. I don't trust it.

I personally know someone who died 3 days after her 2nd shot. 45 years old, otherwise healthy. left work early one day not feeling well, and her parents found her dead the next day when her work called them to check on her as they hadn't heard from her.
No idea exactly what happened. could have been completely unrelated, but there's no explanation that's been made publicly.

I also saw a few news cases of similar events. Who knows, could have been a heart attack. they don't tell you the truth any more.

At the same time, millions have been vaccinated and aren't dropping dead. So, maybe it's a fluke or a side effect for certain dna... who knows.

All i do know, is i agree with scott. I don't think it's tested thoroughly enough for me to get in line. I would love things to go back to normal and not worry about wearing a damn mask all the time, but i'm not ready to take my chances just yet.

The odds of me surviving both covid and the vaccine are both very near 100%. That's the juggling act i'm in.

I can't protect myself against a non-perfect vaccine, but i can protect myself against catching it a bit (mask, wash hands, etc) which right now puts my favor into not getting it yet.

I'm just glad my parents got it. They aren't in the near 100% covid survival bracket. Maybe 85% for my dad and 95 for my mom.

If i was 10 years older, the dilemma wouldn't be as hard. The 100% odds start to drop and put favor towards getting it.

Tinfoil hat: What if the vaccine is actually the virus? :X
"The odds of me surviving both covid and the vaccine are both very near 100%. That's the juggling act i'm in."

Exactly! But its the elderly and the health compromised that need to worry about this vaccine and unfortunately Covid as well.

Years from now when you are watching TV..you are going to see that commercial we all see all the time. It goes something like this

"Have you or a loved one received a vaccine from Moderna, Pfizer, or Astrazeneca and suffered severe side effects or even death? Call Goldstein, Bauman, and Schweitzer. You may be entitled to compensation."

Eh, I got it. My second dose is next week, I'm not really concerned with it. It's something like upper-90th percentile effective and you've got a 97% survival rate of the SARS-CoV-2 virus to begin with.

Maybe people can stop using it as an excuse to delay literally everything.

Got my second Moderna the first week of March
Wife got her second Pfizer two weeks ago
Sisters in law and their significant others got their two doses already
Parents got theirs already (Pfizer)
Parents in law got their J&J 3 weeks ago

The paperwork is what got sped up. Trials were still done for testing. Yes it's only emergency authorized, but they are tested to work- so get it or you can just stay indoors for another few years.

Think of it like the flu shot every year. No it's not a perfect shield, but even if you do catch COVID you won't get AS sick as you would have if you didn't have a vaccination / flu shot. Yes there's still a chance to die if you catch COVID after vaccination, but it'll be much lower. Getting vaccinated will reduce the viral load/shedding so that you won't transmit nearly as much if you do become a carrier anyway, so once enough people are vaccinated the amount that is transmitted will be much lower, and eventually the severity will drop. Everyone has to do their part though. Trust the science, not the conspiracy theorists.

OL had a reaction to the first shot, 99.9 fever, body aches, etc.

She went to primary for physical yesterday.
Doc said that if she had that reaction to the first shot, there was a chance she already had COVID, and the reaction was caused by the existing antibodies.
Not sure if legit or not, but if she had I assume I had it. And like 9 out of 10 I brought it home cause she is WAH and doesn't go out, etc.
So if I had it, I was asymptomatic.
Going to check with my doc about getting the antibody test with my next bloodwork.

I just got #2 today. We'll see if I have any reaction at all.

I had a mild reaction to the first one -- or maybe it was spending almost 4 hours installing a mini-split... We'll never know.

Doc said that if she had that reaction to the first shot, there was a chance she already had COVID, and the reaction was caused by the existing antibodies.
Not sure if legit or not, but if she had I assume I had it. And like 9 out of 10 I brought it home cause she is WAH and doesn't go out, etc.
Going to check with my doc about getting the antibody test with my next bloodwork.
I hadn't heard of this.... if you react, you had it. is this a fact or speculation?

I hadn't heard of this.... if you react, you had it. is this a fact or speculation?
No way to determine. I'm sure that I had it in February 2020, but no doctor would vouch for the accuracy of the antibody test to tell if I did indeed have COVID. Wife and I had the same second shot reactions. I don't think she's been exposed previously, but she works in a high school so you also never know.

Going to check with my doc about getting the antibody test with my next bloodwo
When our staff went in for the shots (High School Teachers) we were told that this might be a reaction that could happen. I definitely had it with the second poke for roughly 24 hours. It appears that some people and their immune responses react a little differently.

If you read it on the internet it must be true!

lol, i have no idea.
it was her doctor who made the mention.
as far as i know most people have little to no reaction to poke#1
most that report reactions are to poke#2, from what i have heard

No idea if this site is legit, but it lists a lot of sources that remind me that not getting it is the right choice for me right now

COVID VACCINE Considerations | PrimaryDoctor
The survival rate is closer if 100% than it is to 99.74 %. These numbers are based off only positive tests and deaths in which people had positive Covid tests even after they died. We already know for a fact that Covid was put down as a cause of death or contributing cause of death on the death certificate of people who did not actually die FROM THE EFFECTS of Covid.. The death numbers are blown out of proportion and the positive cases are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy under reported .....millions upon millions of people had Covid, had no idea they had it and didn't get tested.

Back in November 2020 the IHME reported that it was more than likely that 43 million people in the US had Covid but only the number 11 million was being used because those are the people who were tested. And at the time, there were 215,000 deaths. I'm no math genius but either one of those numbers results in a survival rate close to 100%. .01% compared to .005%.

If we took the actual number of people who were infected and the actual number of people who really died due to ONLY Covid. The survival rate would not even be a measurable number

Even if 99.74 is the number...look what we have done to ours lives. Look what we are still doing.

kristen and i scheduled the jnj shot on the 21st.

can't wait to identify as autistic :)

Back