Auto To Manual Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

people who have done this, please tell me any snags or drawbacks that you encountered, i have tryed to read some articles but their is no clear instructions. btw its a auto 93 civic dx, drop in b18c auto hydro.

my first post on this forum. i wouldn't say it's too hard. i'm about to convert mine and it's pretty much bolt in parts. my friend just did one also and he said the holes for the bolts were already there since they made the auto and manual chassis are pretty much the same out of the factory.

auto to manual isn't all that hard...i did itto my civic when i put my b16 in and it was easy...real easy!!!!...but thenagain i have a cable tranny soi don't know what you have to do in your case with the hydro tranny

dude, did you not get my e-mail? i dont have enough time or space to type all the details of this swap. I just finished a 95 b18b W/hydro clutch into a 93 ex automatic car. what do you want to know?

i am doing the swap on a buddy scar in a week or two (we want it to be above -20 befroe we start)
i will take pics and post then

fuckin ausome, this topic needs more info rather than just that one website with the right hand drive car. thanks guys

that link said to leave in the gear selector switch stuck into the park position, but wouldn't it be easier to just take the ground wire (black) and the park position wire (grn/wht i think) and connect them so it would think that it's in park and you could get rid of that clunky POS?
just my $0.02 but if anyone has any feedback that would be cool.

Originally posted by jeffsciv23@Mar 14 2003, 02:22 PM
that link said to leave in the gear selector switch stuck into the park position, but wouldn't it be easier to just take the ground wire (black) and the park position wire (grn/wht i think) and connect them so it would think that it's in park and you could get rid of that clunky POS?
just my $0.02 but if anyone has any feedback that would be cool.

Easier, no. Better, yes. It's a lot easier to leave something sitting in your car than disconnecting it and rewiring... even if it is only 2 wires. :)

hey whats up ppl, i'm new here. I got a 96 integra and wanna do an auto to manual swap sometime in the future along w/ an engine swap. It all depends if i get a co-op cuz i'm in college right now. But does anyone know how much more it'd cost if i get the auto to manual on top of the engine swap?

its about 250-500 in parts from a junkyard.

you need the interior peices, the shifter, linkage, clutch master, clutch slave (should come with tranny), hydro lines, pedal assembly, etc. little parts that add up fast

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 15 2003, 03:53 AM
Easier, no. Better, yes. It's a lot easier to leave something sitting in your car than disconnecting it and rewiring... even if it is only 2 wires. :)

good point, i might try it to see how hard it is so everyone doing this can learn from my mistake.
thanks

Back