Automatic B16 In A Rex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sewell94

Alright, don't flame flame me for this one. What needs to be done to put an automatic B16 in a 90 DX rex?? I know the hasport mounts won't bolt right in, Has anybody done this before and willing to tell me how do do this me out, thanks

y do you want an automatic? The gearing sucks for them, Honda puts extremly shitty cams in automatics, and you will be missing the joy of driving a stick. Do an automatic to manual swap or sell your car and by one with a stick then do the swap.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jan 2 2003, 12:11 PM
I dont even think they have automatic trannies other than the B18B

I am pretty sure that in Japan they had b16's with automatics

The B16 came with an auto in Japan, I have an Auto B16 bottom end in my garage...

I don't want the automatic, It my buddy's car, He hates driving stick. I have the motor in the car hanging from a lift. It is a tight fit, but it does fit. I plan on using hasport drives and rear mount(custom engione bracket), and fabing a tranny mount. I have done a few b16 crx swaps so i understand what has to be done, the automatic is just a curveball. I was was hoping someone has done one before to give a few tips(needed. bad!!) The real pain in the ass will seem to be the wiring for the automatic tranny, Thanks

Back