avi to dvd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

i downloaded some tv episodes from bittorrent and i want to burn them on a dvd to watch. each file is around 350 mb, is there a way to encode it to keep the same size? i tried using nero express and it made the files really huge. i was thinking of converting the avi to vob first and them using nero to burn it?

any thoughts?

use nero to create a VCD. it WILL up the size. it has to inorder to make it playable--- unless your dvd player specifically SAYS it plays avi

yeah I'll let you know how it goes with Sony vegas video, I transfered 2hrs of video from my camcoder to my computer and it's total size is 18GB

oh dang. so there isnt a way to put like 6-7 350mb files and turn it into a dvd? i guess i will have to do the vcd route, but it will be like 1 per disc because the files are so big already.

probably like going from mp3 to wav, no matter what it has to up the size? why does it do that? just the nature of the format?

Are there any programs that can compress the .avi files? I want to burn 2343 movies, but all the ones i have are over 700mb. Is there anything i can do, or anything i can download? I have DVD Shrink 3.2 but that doesnt do avi files.

Back