Awptick's EJ9 D14Z2 Turbo Build Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imo i would run an intercooler. No fuss with injection and the mess that comes with it. Can't beat always on and free!

Well, my mom finally mailed out the packages I got last week.

So, I'll just have to rig up an oil drain tomorrow temporarily. No pretty -10AN fittings for now.

Other news: The girlie wants to do the turbo tomorrow. Not early in the morning, but still, she wants to get it done tomorrow. <3.

So, total parts missing from the install:
Blow off valve silicone fittings
-10AN oil drain
silicone reducers

I think I'll manage.

JBweld like mine bro!

Ha. I was already going to do that. But remember, I'm using a bulkhead connector for the drain.

I'm not doing it today. I decided that with the amount I drive (100 miles+ per day), I can't risk having an oil line blow off. Besides, I laid everything out yesterday, and I realized that I"m missing a silicone joiner. Sadiezzzz. :(

But, on the bright side, I'll have my ARP studs, the silicone joiners, and everything I need to do this properly, instead of a hack-job. Well, maybe not, as I'm still going to use pool-hose for charge pipe. ;)

Next week. 23AUG. Stay tuned for updates as they come in. <3

Here's my drain.

20080811-DSC_0260.jpg

I need to cut off part of it, so it'll drain a little better, but I think it'll work pretty well. Plus I don't have to weld the oil pan. Just JB weld.

So your going to put some JB on the middle and torque it on there to seal ? good idea
Man I'm wondering if I should take my JB off and go ahead and weld it. I just had a vision of my fitting popping off with all of the vibration and me dumping all of my oil out and frying everything. Bearings, turbo, radio. Geez. Yeah I'm going to go ahead and do that.

Hence buying the bulkhead fitting. <3

And tomorrow night, I need to bleed my brakes. I feel some squish when I have to stomp the brakes. Not cool.

Ugh. I just typed a bunch, and now it's gone.

Clif's:
Brakes are bled. Pedal feel much better. Found bad bleed valve for front left. Will fix/replace next weekend.
No news on turbo front.
Been playing with timing, and was able to eeek a few more Nm out of it. Need to find a dyno that wasn't designed for emissions testing, so I can get a graph.

I'm uploading a video of my drive from work to home right now.

I can't seem to get FCP to work right, so no fancy hondata overlay. Just download both videos, and open them in quicktime, and start them at the same time. ;)

Cool beans man.
I just welded up my drain fitting (WAY stronger than before) and JB'd over it to seal it. If I had to do it again, I'd either just weld it with the pan OFF the car like a normal human being, or would do a Bulkhead like your going to do.

GL on the rest of it mang!

yeah, welded drain fitting is going to be much better. What this bulkhead that you are mentioning?

Wowzorz those are big! I'll have to watch them later.
But hey, OT, Some friends that are staying with my cousin came over last night. They are here from Frankfurt, Germany! Looks like I'll be visiting them asap. Hopefully next year! It's about 1 hr from the Nurburgring so I'll have to tear it up in a rental car or something! :p He said his buddy drives a Renault w/ 250hp and ran a 11 flat or something. Not too positive.

Anyway. Just thought I'd tell you. :thumbsup:

In about two months, I'm going to be leaving Europe for a year. I'm going to be in northern Maryland.

Honestly, I wouldn't do it in a rental. Too many people abuse the shit out of a rental car. Besides, I had a rental that the differental locked up, and caused me to spin uncontrollably 200m down the road, and threw me into a ditch. My back still hurts from that, and it was almost a year ago.

Jeff Foxworthy said:
[about rental car employees who ask if he wants the additional insurance]
I say "Yes, I would. 'Cause you've got a Ford Fiesta that's about to see more airtime than a skateboard at the X-Games."

Jeff Foxworthy said:
You know what rental cars are good for? They're good for finding out all those things you always wondered "What would happen if?" but you were too scared to try it in your own car. Like you're goin' down the interstate and your buddy is like "Hey I wonder what would happen if you just put it in reverse."
"Well, let's find out!"
And lemme you tell you what happens, it is a cure for constipation, that is what happened. Hopefully you got some Taco Bel napkins in the floorboard or somethin'.

Still want to take the 'ring in a rental? I try not to take them on the autobahn, heh.

Back