Awptick's EJ9 D14Z2 Turbo Build Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4 195/50R-15 General Exclaim UHP $55.00 $220.00

Nice man. I just picked up a set of Falken Ziex 195/60/15 for $222.22 shipped off of discounttiredirect.com .. well bought the set on ebay from them. It is hard as hell to find any tire for $200.

Secondly, what do you mean by he took them? where would they go? I'd be pissed too.

Some Recommendations:

• Don't hide it inside of food (the chemicals in a burrito are known to be quite destructive to electrical components)
  • You should probably avoid the area near your local BOFH (we understand that most likely you are the local BOFH, but still please take note)
  • Yes, we realize you could buy a dozen and hide them all inside someone's office (oh, did we say that out loud?)
  • Please reserve the use of the Annoy-a-tron for deserving subjects only (we'll leave it up to you to determine who qualifies)
  • * Note: Please remember to remove the small plastic tab underneath battery.

That is great. Funny warnings and recommendations should be put on everything.

Nice man. I just picked up a set of Falken Ziex 195/60/15 for $222.22 shipped off of discounttiredirect.com .. well bought the set on ebay from them. It is hard as hell to find any tire for $200.

Secondly, what do you mean by he took them? where would they go? I'd be pissed too.

He won't tell me where they are.

I'm going to have to look when I get home tonight. He says he didn't throw them out.

Why did he do it? You piss him off lately or something?

I dunno, I think he had too much to drink last night. Because he was fine this morning.

I found out where he put them. So the turbo is back on for friday/saturday.

Yeah, I just have to stop by the hardware store to pick up the remaining fasteners/bolts/nuts/vacuum line/charge piping/washers/hose-clamps, and I'll be ready to go.

I'm stoked. I wasn't going to put the BOV in, but since I'm going to be using this turbo for longer than I thought (long story, don't want to go into it publicly) I will have to. Hence the required trip to the hardware store.

Anyone think that I could get away with zip-ties in leu of hose clamps?

EDIT: Yes, I'm serious. The fat kind. Like the kind you use on A/C Ducting in houses. Yeah, I have been browsing HMT waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

but since I'm going to be using this turbo for longer than I thought (long story, don't want to go into it publicly) I will have to.

It deals with some local person wanting to try to rip me off for some parts I needed to sell to get the money to buy a STi turbo.

I dont know about using zip-ties for charge piping, even the big ones, unless you can get them really tight I think the would cause you some boost leak problems.

I dont know about using zip-ties for charge piping, even the big ones, unless you can get them really tight I think the would cause you some boost leak problems.

yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

I'll just get some worm-gear clamps today.

There are two different kinds, make sure you get the ones with the holes in them, not the ones that use little bumps. I dont know if you know exactly what Im trying to say but you want the ones that have the holes.

DONT use this style, they dont clamp very well.
Hose-Clamp-German-Gemi-Type-.jpg

You want this kind, they work way better. :thumbsup:
ide63series.jpg

And these would be by far the best choice, but I dont see you having any problems with the second one.
FLEXSEAL%20Hose%20Clamp.jpg

DONT use this style, they dont clamp very well.
Hose-Clamp-German-Gemi-Type-.jpg

You want this kind, they work way better. :thumbsup:
ide63series.jpg

And these would be by far the best choice, but I dont see you having any problems with the second one.
FLEXSEAL%20Hose%20Clamp.jpg

I've got some T-Clamps, but those are only being used on the 2" turbo->intercooler circut.

Those clamps that you said not to use, I've got two of them for the blow off valve, they should be fine on it though.

Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can find them at the store here.

PS.

I've been rolling in laughter today. I planted the annoy-a-tron in a coworker's office. He's taken the batteries out of everything trying to find it.

He even looked in the fridge.

He's been tearing apart printers.

It's awesome.

I've been getting 33mpg at 100mph.

My N/A tune is complete, now I'm making preperations to it for FI. I should have the blind tune done tonight, then tomorrow when I put the turbo on, it'll just be touchups. <3

<-- Waits eagarly for pics and specs. :thumbsup:

What kind of pics/specs?

Pictures of the tune? I don't know what you're asking for.

Like dyno graphs? Heh. I haven't taken this tune on the dyno yet. Last time I ran a rolling road, it was something like 134hp and about as much torque. Oh, and I passed the emissions test.

Back