Axle length problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

theyll still fit, thats why we can run 90-93 teg axles in our hydro trannies without an issue. the only time ive had them stick like that is when the snap ring gets bent out a lil bit, then it gets hung up on the splines

Originally posted by evoracer03@Aug 27 2005, 02:56 AM
are you actually suggesting that he toss his tranny for a new one because of a short axle??? man, thats like doin an engine swap cuz your fuel line leaks!!

No, what I was suggesting is that maybe he's having this problem because he's got the wrong transmission for the swap. When you buy the swap package, usually unless you already got a b-series trans in the thing, you buy the motor and trans together. He bought a trans from a different car than his motor is from. I'm suggesting that maybe the reason he's having this problem is because of that. Again, I'm no expert, but it sounds reasonable to me.

Originally posted by confusatron+Aug 28 2005, 05:22 AM-->
evoracer03
@Aug 27 2005, 02:56 AM
are you actually suggesting that he toss his tranny for a new one because of a short axle??? man, thats like doin an engine swap cuz your fuel line leaks!!

No, what I was suggesting is that maybe he's having this problem because he's got the wrong transmission for the swap. When you buy the swap package, usually unless you already got a b-series trans in the thing, you buy the motor and trans together. He bought a trans from a different car than his motor is from. I'm suggesting that maybe the reason he's having this problem is because of that. Again, I'm no expert, but it sounds reasonable to me.
[post=546225]Quoted post[/post]​

okay, i cant take this any more, the biggest problem with forum boards is that whenever
something sounds "reasonable" to somebody they throw it out there for someone else to try. my understanding of asking a question here is to talk to someone who either knows the answer, or someone having the same issue, not the guy who wants to toss a wild guess ot there and see what happens. if you dont have any facts to back it up, please dont suggest it so someone else can waste their time, money or car.

okay, now back to the topic. no matter what car the tranny came out of, the obvious fact is that its b- series. now, couple that with the fact that all 94-00 b-series axles are the same length, along with 90-93 but have a different intermediate shaft, and you have your answer: its the wrong axle. cant be b-series axle because the left one fits properly which means the motor is placed correctly. measure the pass. side axle from right where it would meet up at the back of the hub to where it meets the oil seal on the tranny, dont measure the splines. now do the same with drivers side. youll see the difference.

Back