B-16 EF Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90hatchback

Ok i just got done putting in a b16a1 into my EF hatchback wich was dual point fuel injection, i converted everything to multiport, and the engine starts right up idles a little ruff, revs up and all that, but once i put the car into gear and try to pull out it has no power and moves just a little bit then stalls out. I am wondering if u guys could give me any idea as of what to check cause no one aruond here really knows anything that i can find to help with the wiring wich i think it is, im having a hard time getting the one guy who can fix it down to help fix it, just wondering if u guys had any suggestions. It seems like it is gettting way to much fuel i checked the plugs and there really really black, i have no clue what is going on and i have had the swap in for a month and cant figure out what to do to just be able to drive my car, any help would be appreciated CHRIS

Originally posted by 90hatchback@May 25 2005, 08:49 PM
Ok i just got done putting in a b16a1 into my EF hatchback wich was dual point fuel injection, i converted everything to multiport, and the engine starts right up idles a little ruff, revs up and all that, but once i put the car into gear and try to pull out it has no power and moves just a little bit then stalls out. I am wondering if u guys could give me any idea as of what to check cause no one aruond here really knows anything that i can find to help with the wiring wich i think it is, im having a hard time getting the one guy who can fix it down to help fix it, just wondering if u guys had any suggestions. It seems like it is gettting way to much fuel i checked the plugs and there really really black, i have no clue what is going on and i have had the swap in for a month and cant figure out what to do to just be able to drive my car, any help would be appreciated CHRIS
[post=503654]Quoted post[/post]​

Check the plug wire order. Mine was off and it fixed it.

the plug wires (if OEM) have numbers on them for their corresponding cylinder.

also, it sounds like your distributor is having problems. Did you do a tuneup on it? replace plugs, cap, rotor button, wires. Ignitor or coil may be going bad as well. You using a resistor box?

Check your TPS, it should read close to 0 volts when closed and 4.5 volts when open. It is possible that it is wired backwords and that could cause your engine to stall whenever you try and give it gas.

take off the ebrake. that could be stalling the car. jk

check the timing. oh, what kind of plugs are you using, my friends integra ran like shit after using bosch plugs. ? just a suggestion.

check the tps, u probally forgot to switch the wires around, so when its at idle its seeing full throttle, then when u apply the gas vise versa.

actually at idle closed throttle it should read .45 volts and WOT it should read 4.5.

Back