B16-a Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bullwinkle

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the site, though I been reading it for a while now. I don't have a Honda yet, but when I do get a 92-95, a b16-a swap will pretty much be made right after I buy it. I have a few questions though, that if you could answer, I would appreciate...

1) When I looked at what you had to do to swap engines on the site, it said something about a SIR II. I don't know what the heck this is referring to.

2) Also, how hard is it to hook up the VTEC wires when you make the swap?

3) Lastly, the tranny out of a non VTEC 92-95 won't bolt up to a b16, will it?

I'm gonna buy a book on it after I buy the car, so maybe that will help me out.

Bullwinkle

hey welcome to Honda Swap,
-sir II is referring to a b16a2, a obd1 engine which is the same as the 92-95 civic.
-It isn't that tough to hook up the wires for vtec. I have never done it but haven't heard that many horror stories from how tough it is either. :)
-No a D-Series Tranny does not hook up/bolt up to a bseries motor. Only b-series motors boltup to bseries motors, etc.

Hope that Helps.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Mar 3 2003, 01:35 AM
hey welcome to Honda Swap,
-sir II is referring to a b16a2, a obd1 engine which is the same as the 92-95 civic.
-It isn't that tough to hook up the wires for vtec. I have never done it but haven't heard that many horror stories from how tough it is either. :)
-No a D-Series Tranny does not hook up/bolt up to a bseries motor. Only b-series motors boltup to bseries motors, etc.

Hope that Helps.

The siRII is NOT a B16A2 (unless your in Europe) it is a motor from a JDM or EDM civic/crx from 92-95 simply stamped B16A.The B16A2 is the motor from the 99-00 si and I believe the 96-97 delsol's was numbered A2 (but maybe still A3)The B16A2 is OBDIIb,the B16A siRII is OBD I.

Hooking up vtec is simply running wires to tap them into your wiring harness or straight to the ECU.Also it depends on the trim level vehicle you get.The SI/VX and EX have vtec,so running the extra wires isn't nescessary.

OH MY. I can't remember any of the teachings of this board today. Sorry to mis inform 2 times over. I will just yeah...not say anything.

Back