B16 In Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chip

what all will i need to put a b16 in my 91 integra ls.

I just did this swap it was very easy and you need nothing but the motor and ecu if you want to go as cheap as possible, but the trany is great to have with it. I would ask myself if i want high end power or low end, because with the b16 the low end is very soft, not to say its a bad motor, like i said i did the same swap but dont expect to take cars off the line with it because your ls has more low end the the b16, but if your looking for a high reving vtec motor to play with the b16 is the most cost efective motor to go with. Any other questions i may help you with let me know.

what ecu do i need i heard its the pr3 and what about vtec wires where do i add them in at

Well i myself ran a mugen ecu but as far as the wires go you just use the ones that came with your motor, and they all hook up fine there is nothing to add, because this is a vtec motor and ecu everything is there already, what are your plans for the motor, what do you want to do with it let me know, plus where are you at if your near me i may beable to get you a deal.

i plan on going all motor and i live in atlanta, ga ive got a b18a1 in there now but its getting old i want to swap out into a new motor and a b16 sounds like easiest choice right now. how do i get the vtec to kick in i read that i need to add wires for the vtec sensors

Originally posted by brc80@Jan 8 2003, 10:59 AM
but as far as the wires go you just use the ones that came with your motor, and they all hook up fine there is nothing to add, because this is a vtec motor and ecu everything is there already,

This is incorrect. You will have to add VTEC wires. If you want to run NA have you considered th LSVTEC? Reason being the B16 doesn't have enough torque to pull the heavier Integra chassis around.

but the b16 came in the integra in japan plus there is always ways to get more torque. where would i hook up vtec wires from the ecu?

Yes, the B16 came in JDM Integras, but only for a year or two. They went to the B18C because the B16 doesn't produce enough torque. Increasing torque is not as easy as you seem to think. There are two wires that run from the VTEC solenoid to the ECU. I don't know what pins run VTEC on an OBD0 ECU. If you don't feel you can build an LSVTEC, look into a B18C1 swap.

I agree with lsvtec the b16 is not best motor to pull around the integra chassis, yes i like my motor and yes i am much faster but ive looked in to adding more low end power to my car but everything out there just give you more top end which is cool if you can drive around at 6000rpm + but for everyday driving lsvtec is the way to go, i only went with the b16 because i threw a rod and it was sticking out the side of my block so it was dead. But decide what your looking for before you buy.

Back