b16 on LS tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsi95

I currently have an b18b1 LS motor and tranny in my 95 DX sedan. I wanna put a b16 motor on the LS tranny. Will this cause any problems? Is this bad? Should I change anything like the oil pump, or any other parts? The guy who would do it for me said it would be fine. I just wanted a second opinion. :blink:

It should fit okay, but why?! That's gonna be pretty frickin ghey..see the LS trans is real long, not great for acceleration. But the LS motor kinda makes up for it because it has a great torque rating for a honda engine. But the B16, well that has high HP but LOW torque..so that thing is gonna be a frickin slug! You'll never get going!

well, you're gearing would be all messed up... the b16 is made for high revs, thats where its power is, different story with the ls motor... i would not recommend it, but it will mount on there

So you think I should just stick with my B18? One thing I thought about was since the Ls has alot of torque is that it would be more preferable since my cars a 4 door and I would probably need more torque than actual HP to get it moving.

The B16 is cool and all, but you really need a tranny with shorter gears for that thing to make a difference in your car. The LS is a good choice for your car, because it's got moderately good numbers, and it's already in your car! Plus, for near the price of the B16 (maybe a grand more), you can turbo that thing, and with just maybe 6psi, you'll be pushing HP similar to/higher than the B16, and some MONSTER ass torque on stock internals. Just a thought..

a 4 door is not much heavier thana coupe dude.

keep the ls. a b16 will set you back 2500.
your car wont be noticably faster.
2500 is a good portion of a small bolt on turbo kit say 6psi greddy kit.

Originally posted by djextremity@Oct 17 2002, 12:06 AM
Plus, for near the price of the B16 (maybe a grand more), you can turbo that thing, and with just maybe 6psi, you'll be pushing HP similar to/higher than the B16, and some MONSTER ass torque on stock internals. Just a thought..

With 6psi on the LS motor depending on the turbo he will be pushing HP near an H22. That is without an intercooler too! But like I said depending on the turbo you use.

Back