B16 Trans into '96 DC4 ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tim2179

I have a '96 Integra SE b18b1 (manual hydro trans) and I'm looking to install a manual (cable?) Y1 transmission from a b16.

-is this a direct drop in?
-any additional parts needed?

(tried to search but B16 is too short)

you dont want the cable tranny
get a hydraulic one and its pretty much a direct switch

for the cable one you will need a conversion kit (hasport makes one)

dont even bother with the cable tranny... too much work, and in the end, you will spend enough to have bought a jdm itr tranny

yep i looked into the hydro-to-cable conversion.

It's a waste, you have plenty of good hydro trans options.

So I take it converting cable trans to hydro is a pain...

The cable B16 trans I was looking at has the LS 5th gear already installed and I can pick up for under $500 - is that a good price? I think I saw HASPORT makes a cable/hydro conversion kit for $300??

Checking Ebay, I see a ('92 - '92 JDM CTR) B16 non-LSD hydro trans for $800 (+shipping from NJ)...will this drop right into a B18b1?

I haven't been in the market for this trans for very long so I'm not sure what a good deal would be on either of these, and appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Originally posted by Tim2179@Aug 18 2005, 01:29 PM
So I take it converting cable trans to hydro is a pain...

yup. a big pain.

its more than just a mount. its the master/slave cyls ont he tranny, and all the hard-lines that go with it or cable.

The cable B16 trans I was looking at has the LS 5th gear already installed and I can pick up for under $500 - is that a good price? I think I saw HASPORT makes a cable/hydro conversion kit for $300??

not really a good price... and why do you want an ls 5th? if you think revving at 5500 on the highway eats a lot of gas crusing at 80... i hate to tell you, but crusing at 5000 does to. you're not going to get away from it.

Checking Ebay, I see a ('92 - '92 JDM CTR) B16 non-LSD hydro trans for $800 (+shipping from NJ)...will this drop right into a B18b1?

first, theres no such thing as a 92 CTR. CTR's weren't made until 97 or 98. and the ones that were made, were all LSD-equipped.

so, i'd say thats a blazing freaking rip off. lol

I haven't been in the market for this trans for very long so I'm not sure what a good deal would be on either of these, and appreciate all the help.
[post=541885]Quoted post[/post]​

IMO, i'd go with a 94-00 GSR tranny. its great for the street.... its closer than the LS tranny (better accel) but slightly longer than the b16a tranny's are.

you can get one fo these for about 750-850 in decent shape.

Back