B16a In 92-95 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adiboy

I bought this car for like 400$ so it was really cheap.(Im from Hungary).
only problem is that it has 1.3 liter engine, which is a piece of shit.i want to put in it a b16a.if i swap it can i still use the old gearbox?, or i have to get a gearbox , & diff. for the b16a?
thanks for the help.

if you get a b16a you are going to need a new tranny, also you might want to look into a b16a sirII, because if you get the b16a you are going to need to change the distributor and (not sure about this one someone corrrect me if i am wrong) injectors to the OBD1 versions. and the b16a has a cable tranny and your car has a hydro tranny, so the SirII will probably be your best bet. You are also going to need motor mounts, shift linkage, some wiring done to get that car running VTEC, I am not sure what the euro 1.3L motors have.
Good Luck man...

I know a foriegn exchange student from Hungary,and we were talking about this very subject.He said that the VTi's could be found over there also and that is what you need.You have the vtec wiring in your harness you just need to tap into it or run a seperate set to the ecu.But ya Maaseyracer's right you need the tranny,also the mounts,ecu,axles,and the shiftlinkage.But you should be able to find a scrapyard with one somewhere near you and then hopefully you will be graced with everything you need.

thanks a lot for your help.it sound pretty difficult.so i will ask that wich engine goes "bolt on" into my 92-95 civic?
thx

thanks a lot for your help , but it seems like i dont know what is an OBD.if you could explain it to me , i would be most generous.

:rolleyes: i have a 87 acura inter. i need information in how to build a powerflow. no one has a powerflow for my car. I also here that it's the same motor as a zc from japan.

Originally posted by danny74@Jan 16 2003, 03:00 AM
:rolleyes: i have a 87 acura inter. i need information in how to build a powerflow. no one has a powerflow for my car. I also here that it's the same motor as a zc from japan.

If you really want an answer start your own thread.

Back