B16a Sir Ii

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaSIRguy

I have a clean 91' honda dx hatchback with all si parts. I just bought a b16a sir II Mugen headers, real Mugen ecu and a 3 stage master clutch yesterday but the transmission is automatic. What kind of tranny would be great for this motor? what are useually the price ranges? I was thinking si, Ls or a rear B16. I can't really find any on the net. Tell me what you guys think.

Why did you buy a 92-95 B16A?

So your car is auto and you want to convert it,or the motor you got is auto and you want a manual tranny to fit your car?

I think he has a manual 91 with a SirII automatic. Here's what I think you got an OBD-0 car with an OBD-1 motor. (not sure how you have a stage 3 clutch on an automatic tranny, but we'll forget that for now) You could.... get a OBD converting harness or make one. You could pull a B16 cable tranny from somewhere, but here's what i would do..... Part it out... Sell the header, ecu, clutch, motor all seperately. You can even break down the motor and part it out. You'll have at least 3-4k. Buy a B16A1, (1000 bucks) and put some cams and cam gears, maybe a new header like a comptech or sumthin.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@May 5 2003, 07:55 AM
Part it out... Sell the header, ecu, clutch, motor all seperately. You can even break down the motor and part it out. .

i agree. you are asking to spend more money and have a headache.

Back