b16a SiRII in 98 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Clint98hatch

Hey Guys,
I need help with my swap of a JDM b16a SiRII into my 98 civic dx hatch.
Which wiring harness should i use? can i keep my stock harness and add some wires or do i use the JDM harness? i know the injector connection is different but dont know what else has to be done except the knock, and vtec.
(btw,it's a P30 ECU)
Shift linkage-again, reuse stock or do i have to use the JDM one?
Anyother things that you guys can think of will greatly help me.
The major problem is i live in NE PA and no one knows how to swap anything without a ford or chevy logo on the hood.
Thanks

you will need an obd2-obd1 conversion harness to do the swap besides that you will need a civic si driver side mount not sure about the rest but it will get the started If you have tools and you are decent at working on a car than swaps are not that hard

Originally posted by turbo4dr@Mar 31 2004, 05:29 PM
you will need an obd2-obd1 conversion harness to do the swap besides that you will need a civic si driver side mount not sure about the rest but it will get the started If you have tools and you are decent at working on a car than swaps are not that hard

Not nescessarily. I common misconception is that the SiRII is a 92-95 motor, but it in fact can be found in OBD II Civic SiR/SiRII's from 96-00 also.

Just specify when you order the motor that you need a 96+ B16A SiR/SiRII motor.

Well thanks so far but how do i know for sure which setup the JDM motor is. I'm pretty sure when i ordered it that it was a 92-95 but i dont really know. can i check connector shape or something to know for sure?
-I guess i forgot to mentioni already have the motor and i actually have it torn apart and i am finishing up the rebuild now with a 81.5 bore, wiseco pistons,P&P head, 3 angle valve job and then i'll get all the "usual" stuff. So i Am good enough with the tools to do it i just didn't know about the wiring setup.

wow ur doing the same swap in doing too. im swapping a Sir2 into my 98 civic hatch cx. i found a website that says u can use ur d harness and switch it to a b series to make it fit. about the shift linkage, im lookin for one also. i was wonderin if a 90+ teg shift linkag would fit on it? since ur motor is OBD1 then u would need mostly everythin OBD1 also including ur ECU. u would need to get one of those jumper harness also. the cheapest place i found was ebay and i got it for 89 shipped. if you finish ur swap i would appreciate it if you would tell me what OBD1 parts you used.

Back